The company manufactures and distributes high-quality plumbing products directly to professional plumbers, tradesmen, and institutional customers and through wholesale distribution and omnichannel. The company has operations in the Eastern United States and is backed by an established private equity firm.
The Vice President, Operations reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and leads a team of seven direct reports, as well as a team of 75 employees.
The Vice President, Operations will be responsible for maximizing organizational growth, profitability, and operational excellence through leadership of the organization. The primary responsibility is to ensure that company delights the customer with the right product at the right time at the right cost. The position is responsible for manufacturing operations, warehouse operations, inventory management, and logistics/transportation.
Specific duties will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Leads buying function including methodology, tools, and resources.
- Drives S&OP process.
- Continuously improves availability at a lower cost.
- Manages procure-to-pay process with suppliers and finance.
- Exceeds best-in-class delivery standards.
- Generates high-quality data to inform customer of order processing stages.
- Accelerates order-to-deliver process.
- Delights the customer with high-quality shipments.
- Establishes team performance metrics and management.
- Drives continuous improvement and Lean methodology.
- Drives efficiency via warehouse, manufacturing, and distribution activity.
- Ensures team health and safety.
- 10+ years of senior business and operational leadership experience, preferably with experience in manufacturing and distribution.
- Experience leading transformational improvement across a company or large division.
- Experience in a world class company known for rigor in operations/supply chain management; preferably Lean manufacturing/operational excellence managed through policy deployment.
- Experience with establishing and measuring KPIs to drive favorable results.
- Experience running and driving productivity improvements in distribution center operations.
- Proven track record of implementing and executing SIOP, Lean, and continuous improvement concepts and strategies.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and leading large teams through change and challenging the status quo.
- Hands-on and collaborative with strong continuous improvement orientation.
- Ability to travel approximately 35% of the time.
- College degree preferred; engineering degree a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.