Southwestern-based vertically integrated producer and distributor of food service.
The Vice President of Operations reports to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and leads a team that includes continuous improvement, transportation and warehousing technology and innovation, and project managers.
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for systematic research and innovation of enterprise operations. The incumbent will lead strategic groups that support the functional operations for inbound, outbound, and warehousing for all enterprise operations. As the operational thought leader, the incumbent continually scans the marketplace for next-generation processes, technology, and modern methods to improve overall service, productivity, and cost.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Ensures strategic execution of local and corporate initiatives; compliance with government regulations; safety and security of the building and its contents and people, including retention and management of staff.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies, and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals; actively supports other departments in the achievement of their goals.
- Analyzes growth of the operating company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Prepares and executes annual budget with direct input from management team.
- Oversees budget management, including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third-party contracts.
- Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations.
- Champions efficiency ideas and cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of responsibility and total company.
- Communicates with other senior leaders to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues; visit customer locations and meet with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Maintains strong relationships with other functional leaders that foster inter-departmental feedback and prioritization.
- Develops and executes a multi-year operations roadmap that defines network design, supports company strategy, and addresses opportunities for continuous process improvement, cost improvement, and advancement of functional capabilities and technologies.
- Establishes transportation as a strategic competitive advantage for the integrated supply chain; drives transportation revenue growth.
- Maintains and evolves departmental dashboards and KPIs to monitor and measure performance (e.g., inventories, service levels, on-time deliveries, inventory turns, annual savings targets, schedule attainment).
- Provides timely, accurate reports on the operations function and regular executive and employee communication to promote strong execution, alignment, and accountability.
- Onboards and monitors new technologies and best practices for supply chain by building external relationships, subject matter expertise, trainings, and key learning events for the department.
- 15+ years of operations experience, various job functions in distribution management, including warehousing and transportation.
- 10+ years of leadership experience with proven track record of developing high-performing leaders.
- Appetite for innovation and modernization with the ability to bring “what good looks like.”
- Experience in perishable goods supply chain preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technologies and developing financial plans to make technology investments return positive financial returns.
- Ability to interface, problem-solve, and drive solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership and team-building skills.
- Values that align with the commitment of the company: people come first –associates, customers, and the families they serve across the nation.
- Six Sigma / Lean Methodology / Continuous Improvement experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, operations management, or a related field required; master’s degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.