Private equity-backed manufacturer of packaging products for the health and beauty industry based in the Southeast.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will lead an on-site team across production, supply chain planning, procurement, warehousing, and logistics.
With a commitment to innovation, sustainability, and operational excellence, the company is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join the leadership team as the Vice President of Operations, responsible for overseeing and optimizing all aspects of its manufacturing operations at its facility in the Southeast US. This critical leadership role requires a strategic thinker, an operational expert, and a collaborative team player who can drive efficiency, quality, and continuous improvement throughout the entire production process.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- As a leadership team member, work cross-functionally with sales, human resources, engineering, and finance to plan, develop, and execute the operations strategy to drive sales and revenue in alignment with overall company goals, objectives, compliance measures, and growth strategy.
- Advise the CEO on strategic business development initiatives and key planning issues that relate to, and impact, the operations of the company.
- Drive initiatives to enhance operational efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall productivity.
- Anticipate and manage capital requests in conjunction with business needs and growth strategies.
- Establish financial budgets, in collaboration with the Vice President of Finance, and manage the manufacturing operations group to meet or exceed budget and operating expectations.
- Collaborate with executives across the company to ensure operational goals are in line with the company’s strategic vision.
- Implement best practices to optimize production processes and workflow.
- Ensure that key financial and performance metrics are in place to evaluate and enhance business operations; monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify areas for improvement.
- Lead initiatives to enhance quality control, ensuring products meet or exceed industry standards.
- Exceed best-in-class delivery standards.
- Understand and meet customer expectations regarding cost, quality, and delivery; solicit customer feedback to provide continual improvement, training, and education in internal processes and procedures.
- Generate high-quality data to inform the customer of order processing stages.
- Accelerate the order-to-delivery process and delight the customer with high-quality shipments.
- Provide strong leadership to the operations team, fostering a culture of collaboration, growth, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Recruit, train, and develop a high-performing operations team; manage the team with a focus on improving employee engagement and retention while increasing productivity.
- Establish clear performance expectations and provide regular feedback to drive individual and team success.
- Mentor and influence manufacturing operation management to promote the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies in staff in support of personal and company objectives; develop and guide staff to reach their maximum management potential; inspire, engage, and motivate the team.
Supply Chain Management:
- Collaborate with the supply chain and procurement teams to build a robust supply chain, ensuring a seamless flow of raw materials and components and a scalable, long-term plan for future growth.
- Implement inventory management strategies to optimize stock levels and minimize waste, and meet or exceed budget and operating expectations.
- Build and maintain relationships with key suppliers to ensure a reliable supply chain.
Health, Safety, and Compliance:
- Support awareness of, uphold, and enforce strict environmental and health and safety standards across all operational areas to ensure a safe environment for associates and the community.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Implement and maintain environmental sustainability practices within the manufacturing processes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging innovative ideas from team members.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement Lean manufacturing principles to streamline processes and eliminate waste.
- Identify and champion automation and technology solutions to improve efficiency.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in a senior operations management role with P&L responsibility within the plastics manufacturing and injection molding industry, preferably with health and beauty-related products.
- Strong understanding of plastic manufacturing processes, equipment, and technologies; knowledge of IML is a plus.
- Expertise in production and quality control, and compliance with relevant safety, environmental, and regulatory standards.
- Experience with establishing and measuring KPIs to drive favorable performance and results.
- Demonstrated success in implementing operational best practices and driving continuous improvement.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen; a strategic thinker with the ability to make data-driven decisions and drive growth; mission-driven; entrepreneurial with a proven ability to pivot, create, innovate, build, and think outside the box.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and leading teams through change and challenging the status quo; hands-on and collaborative with a strong continuous improvement orientation.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peers and subordinates in a matrixed environment.
- Proven track record of implementing and executing SIOP, Lean, and continuous improvement concepts and strategies; Lean Six Sigma certification is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations management, business, or a related field; master’s degree is a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.