Company is a privately held retailer headquartered in the Midwest and is currently comprised of 30+ retail and distribution locations.
The Vice President of Human Resources reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for planning, directing, implementing, and overseeing all human resources activities that support the growth of the company and ensure they operate within all applicable federal, state, and local legal guidelines. Strong emphasis will be placed on culture development, performance management, training, and talent development across the organization.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Serve as the human resources advisor to the senior management team; participate in strategic planning.
- Develop and lead the company’s human capital plan to create an exemplary workplace culture of learning and drive favorable business results.
- Direct all human capital activities including employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, development and training, organizational design and development, and change management.
- Direct the development and implementation of programs to enhance and sustain comprehensive training across all levels of the organization.
- Lead the recruiting and staffing program to ensure the company attracts and retains high quality employees.
- Create and direct a company-wide talent sourcing and development program, ultimately building a bench of outstanding leaders across the organization; this includes attracting top talent to join the company and investing in the development and advancement of current team members.
- Develop and implement programs designed to produce superior employee engagement, loyalty, and productivity.
- Create and drive a communication strategy and plans to inform and engage all levels of employees.
- Direct the administration of the compensation, benefits, and workers’ compensation programs; work with staff to devise total compensation strategies that meet the needs of employees and implement these strategies for the company.
- Develop a rapport with outside legal counsel and identify when situations are appropriate to work with outside legal counsel.
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with applicable laws.
- 10 + years of experience in a human resources leadership role.
- Multi-unit retail or related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and confidentiality above reproach; seen as a credible leader and thought partner by management peers and the entire organization.
- Extensive experience creating and implementing a company-wide performance management program.
- Experience building and leading training initiatives at all levels; LMS experience preferred.
- Experience sourcing/integrating/adapting a HRIS system.
- Skilled in driving organizational/culture change, employee engagement, and company-wide communication.
- Extensive experience leading organizational talent sourcing, mapping, and development programs at all levels of an organization.
- Possesses a strong focus on partnership with diverse constituencies, and work for win-win solutions.
- Proactive, approachable, and demonstrates a high degree of personal accountability for driving results.
- Strong team management and development capabilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PHR or related certification desirable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, an attractive bonus opportunity, benefits, and relocation assistance.