Global manufacturer and distributor of consumer and commercial products.
This position will report to a Senior Vice President on the executive leadership team and will manage a global team of approximately 15 people.
VP of Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineering must be passionate about engineering and deep in experience. Possess the ability to courageously and innovatively look at different paths to design a future for the Global Manufacturing Engineering organization. S/he will have the ability to express ideas concisely and in an easily understood manner, gain buy-in from others, and the ability to turn the imagined future into a sustained reality.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead the strategic Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineering function; this includes next generation manufacturing capabilities.
- Responsible for the ongoing planning and management of global engineering activities including design, development, overall project management, improvement of products, facilities, and equipment, and global engineering portfolio management, with strong business acumen linked to corporate and global operations strategy.
- Work with Program Management and the Stage Gate process to ensure rigorous hand-off of new products into manufacturing, institutionalizing manufacturing innovation receivership and effectiveness methods.
- Responsible for thought leadership in advanced manufacturing techniques to improve throughput and quality.
- Work with manufacturing and R&D managers to implement technology transfers into the design, development, and modification of products and manufacturing facilities.
- Responsible for complex technical manufacturing issue resolution, coordinating learnings across facilities, leveraging SMEs, and driving fundamental understanding in manufacturing processes and products; drive global standardization of processes and use of structured problem-solving tools.
- Primary technical voice and major player in coordinating facility rationalization, along with planning, to drive greater economy of scale and optimize serving markets at lowest cost; in collaboration with Strategic Project leaders, aids implementation of product and facilities changes and the costing and purchasing of associated materials and equipment.
- Partner with factories and regional leaders to map out and implement productivity improvements; coordinate the layout of machinery and equipment to enhance efficiency and productivity, driving asset optimization and improvements.
- Adapt machinery and equipment design to plant and production conditions.
- Maintain project budgets and schedules, coordinate activities of inter-related engineering functions, and provide engineering assistance to other departments as required.
- Accountable for Operational Excellence – VSM, Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Industrial Engineering improvements; partner with Global Quality on Process Control Systems.
- Partner with the company’s operational excellence team to deploy the least waste way of manufacturing.
- Assess manufacturing processes and environmental conditions to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies and organization safety standards.
- Lead change management efforts.
- Minimum of 20 years of progressive engineering leadership, working across multiple engineering disciplines (materials, mechanical, etc.), including infrastructure experience (maintenance, power systems, reliability, PM, controls, and audits); global experience required.
- Broader functional experience (manufacturing, R&D, commercial/customer interaction) and extensive material conversion process knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable and transferable engineering solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as internet software and email are required.
- Effective team leader and facilitator with good communication and motivation skills.
- Program management skills, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledgeable of Lean, Six Sigma, One Piece Flow, SMED, TPM, and OEE techniques required.
- Knowledge and experience with M4.0 and IIoT.
- Machine Utilization Management, Capacity Utilization Management; ability to use and interpret CAD data files with engineering and tooling suppliers globally; equipment standards and specifications development and comparison.
- Experience working in multi-tiered matrix organization.
- Domestic and international travel (approx. 50%) required.
- Must be able to work within a diverse organization, including people from different cultures, backgrounds, levels, and perspectives, collaborating to find best solutions for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with focus in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering required.
- Master’s in engineering or business preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.