Senior Director of Engineering
A sport and entertainment company located in Southeast US.
This position will report directly to the Chief Venues Officer and lead the stadium engineering and operations team.
The individual who occupies this position will be responsible for the safe, efficient, and reliable physical operation and maintenance of the stadium and practice facilities. The Senior Director of Engineering will act as a leader in operational efficiencies, innovation, and excellence to create the ultimate athlete and fan experience at all related events.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Provide leadership to departmental teams and activities that operate 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Develop and implement a five-year modernization plan including asset replacement and modernization of building systems.
- Lead stadium engineering and facility operations and the maintenance of all related facilities including all associated building systems; operate in all areas of the facility both inside and outside and may include inclement weather working conditions.
- Lead all aspects of the scheduling and deployment of maintenance staff and contractors in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical: chiller plants, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, and food and beverage equipment.
- Maintain the budget in support of operational needs; coordinate and manage all outside contractors.
- Understand and own all back-of-house systems; oversee repairs and maintenance of related practice facilities.
- Ensure open communication and mutual support between engineering, operations, project development, and front-of-house guest services; recruit and mentor stadium engineering and operations team members, as well as all facility services staff.
- Lead and collaborate all facility modifications with the project development team and all third-party retail, food, and beverage operations; run inventory management process.
- Implement standard operating procedures to ensure the success of the venues and the well-being of mechanical equipment; participate in special projects and other duties as requested.
- Senior-level experience running physical operations and maintenance in a commercial, educational, municipal, and/or industrial facility; experience running a professional sports stadium or entertainment facility preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of facility maintenance, refrigeration systems, and facility environmental systems with successful completion of US-based certifications; able to operate stadium machinery such as forklifts and scissor lifts (training will be provided).
- Recent professional experience in engineering and maintenance or related professional area, including technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing and Class B Refrigeration.
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Organized and diligent, resourceful, quick learner with a high attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Must be a proven, effective team leader; able to lead a team across all disciplines of facilities management; a self-starter with strong analysis skills and comfortable with financial analysis of budget, forecast, and performance.
- Able to deliver effective presentations; able to change delivery to suit the needs of different audiences; able to understand and communicate pertinent building and business regulations.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call; able to work in variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold weather, based on the season, and in sometimes confined/narrow spaces.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; drive a company-owned vehicle; able to pass pre-employment screens; able to bend, stand, reach, kneel, and lift materials up to 50 pounds; work on a ladder or scaffolding, use power tools, and perform other facility maintenance functions; able to walk throughout the facility, sometimes for an extended period and, at times, in inclement weather.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.