National and international food cooperative that provides innovative business solutions for food industry member-owners and customers. The cooperative provides product development, procurement, quality assurance, packaging, marketing, and other services exclusively for its member-owners, including supermarket retailers, food wholesalers, and foodservice companies,
The Senior Director of Center Store Supply Chain reports to the Vice President of Center Store Operations and leads a team of approximately 20 professionals.
The Senior Director consults with the company, its members, and suppliers to develop or implement operational process improvements for building a best in class supply chain.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead process assessment, project selection, goal development, and project plan design.
- Facilitate plan execution to meet business objectives and ensure long-term improvement; work with members, category, and suppliers to identify future needs and plans to address them.
- Drive continuous improvement to support growth, member satisfaction, and productivity; support suppliers to improve total delivered cost.
- Develop the strategy for integrating the ecosystem’s demand and supply processes between member stores and suppliers.
- Partner with the Consumer Analytics team to understand key trends and their impact to demand; engage with members to implement process changes necessary to establish supply chain capabilities across the value stream (demand planning, forecasting, sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, retail ready packaging).
- Develop/acquire member forecasts (store and DC) and supplier order forecasts, determine accuracy, add additional intelligence; set and hold Fill Rate and On Time Standards.
- Manage total inventory levels at the company, its members, and suppliers.
- Recruit and develop a high performing team of approximately 20 who exhibit strong leadership and leverage best practices to deliver top quality service.
- Lead cross-functional conversations/meetings focused on service to the membership.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading a supply chain-related team or business function in a retail or manufacturing environment.
- Extensive project management and process improvement experience in a complex environment, specifically Lean and Agile.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written; strong facilitation and leadership skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented; able to synthesize complex quantitative data.
- Thorough understanding of and experience working with lean methodology and tools and integrated supply chain principles.
- Mastery of SIOP – Sales Inventory Operation Planning process; knowledge of CPFR, S&OP, and IBP.
- Quick response and proactive mindset to drive results; ability to lead/drive change, and influence/mentor others; exceptional collaboration skills.
- Customer focused; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and suppliers; gains their trust and respect.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experienced with SAP and Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with an ERP, IMS, and Planning Tools preferred.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, logistics, engineering, supply chain, marketing) required; MBA or advanced degree highly desirable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.