A private equity held global manufacturer of durable goods with US headquarters in the mid-Atlantic region. With an already substantial presence in the US, the company is embarking on an aggressive expansion plan to advance market share and revenue in the Americas region through both organic and acquisitive growth.
The Sales Director reports to the Commercial Director of the Americas.
This sales executive will develop the company’s business across target industry segments by achieving a sustainable and continuous organic revenue and margin growth of 20 percent annually for the US operation, with a priority on building and enhancing a customer proposition and customer journey to remain best in its class and beyond in the future.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Drive sales in the designated channel.
- Develop and continuously pursue lead generation and growth while maintaining the sales pipeline.
- Drive significant growth in a fast-paced, energetic, and analytical sales function in partnership with sales agencies and distributors.
- Improve product offerings to customers to enhance added value and improve the value proposition.
- Work closely with Marketing and other departments of the company in order to develop and maintain an effective market presence.
- Establish sales agreements and policies consistent with desired company positioning and business philosophy.
- Determine strategic offerings to major prospects and customers.
- Able to translate business initiatives to bottom line results.
- Assist in the preparation of department forecasts and budgets.
- Five to ten years of successful sales experience in the safety category within US markets.
- Strong understanding and experience of business-to-business markets within the US and preferably Canada and South America.
- Proven track record of sales successes with an ability to partner closely with key distribution partners.
- Ability to inspire and bring a high sense of urgency to an already successful company.
- Experience working on an international management team with an understanding of cultural nuances.
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills.
- Analytical, problem solver, able to deep dive for root causes.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills; self-confident and organized team player.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field is required, MBA is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.