Based in the Southeast, the company is an independently owned and operated service provider to the trucking industry, including commercial tires and retreads, mechanical services, as well as fleet management technologies to assist customers in managing fleets more efficiently. Employing over 1,000 service professionals, the company currently operates over 80 locations throughout the South and Midwest that serve more than 35 states, as well as several retread facilities, and multiple distribution centers that provide delivery capability to over 75% of the continental US. Recognized as an industry leader, the company expertly provides fleets and owner-operators the product offerings and responsive service that exceeds expectations, with an ongoing operating principle that promises customers to go the distance in order to serve their needs.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Sales.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to manage the sales team to provide ongoing profitable Commercial (Tire), Mechanical, and Industrial business to all branches in the region. By providing structure oversight and training tailored to the sales team’s needs to produce successful sales programs throughout the customer base, the successful Regional Sales Manager will meet or exceed the goals set by the Region Manager.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Manage all sales team’s activities to achieve desired commercial growth goals for the region(s); develop strategies to achieve targets with each sales associate.
- Ensure that job expectations are communicated clearly; coach and lead sales team to achieve sales goals and work with the regional sales goals to maintain and expand customer base.
- Work with the Branch Manager to recruit, interview, hire, train, manage, coach, and retain the commercial sales team.
- Relay customer insight, concerns, and needs to product and operations teams to ensure quality customer service delivery and available inventory for customer needs.
- Deliver reports on sales goals, targets, and additional sales insights to the sales team and Branch Manager.
- Work with sales associates to generate leads for each market; recommend product lines by identifying new product opportunities.
- Work with Regional Managers to create a positive partnership with suppliers in the region.
- Conduct sales meetings in conjunction with Branch Managers to maintain consistent communication within the region.
- Participate in continuing education by completing supplier training requirements and B2B courses, such as those offered by Michelin.
- An experienced leader and manager with appropriate experience of at least five to seven years, preferably in a fleet or transportation related industry.
- Clear understanding of the sales cycle and process; proven track record of new account development and leadership development skills in previous roles.
- Ability to cycle inventory, run reports, and communicate with upper management.
- Superior customer service and communication skills; able to sell to customers by demonstrating a strong understanding of each department’s features, benefits, offerings, and strategy (Mechanical, Industrial and OTR, and Commercial).
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as close attention to detail; proven negotiating and sales closing skills.
- Demonstrate proficient analytical thinking and business insight; strategic thinker capable of identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Reliable and dependable self-starter; able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to understand the top 30 customers’ portfolio, as well as the top 10 potential; capable of analyzing customer programs to maximize profitability and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve commercial tire, maintenance, call center, and ERS issues with the end user.
- Geographical travel required 80% of the time to various local customers and locations; overnight and out-of-market travel required, less than 60% of total travel.
- Able to interact and build rapport with all levels within the organization and client base; sensitive to confidential matters.
- Commercial TIA certification required after six months of employment.
- Clean driving record; able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field and/or equivalent work experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.