A global manufacturer and distributor of building products.
This position reports to the Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety for North America and has strong dotted line reporting responsibility for health and safety site leaders across multiple locations.
The Regional Manager will assist west coast manufacturing sites with building and enhancing a culture of safety, complete with the necessary programs, tools, and management system.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Routinely visit assigned facilities to assess and provide safety compliance assistance and coaching; communicate S&H performance with site leadership.
- Advise operations leaders and employees on how to minimize hazards and risks in the workplace, comply with health and safety requirements, and improve health and safety performance; assist sites with developing and implementing prevention programs.
- Assist sites with implementing and training on the company’s EH&S programs, policies and standards, and EH&S management system.
- Conduct health and safety inspections in the workplace; participate in global S&H audits as required.
- Ensure injuries, illnesses, and near misses are documented appropriately and reported to the global environmental, health, and safety department and business leaders; assist with incident investigations and regulatory inspections.
- Assist plant managers with establishing and maintaining site environmental, health, and safety councils/committees.
- Share environmental, health, and safety lessons learned; encourage a learning culture on health and safety.
- Assist sites and regions with preparing and responding to regulatory inquiries/notices of violations by federal, state, provincial, and governmental safety and health authorities.
- A minimum of seven years of environmental, health, and safety experience, preferably in a global manufacturing organization with multi-site responsibility.
- Experience developing and implementing forward-thinking processes that have enhanced S&H culture, reduced injuries, and demonstrated improved performance.
- Experience implementing EH&S Management Systems, e.g. ISO 14001, ANSI Z-10, OSHAS 18001, or ISO 45001.
- Experience using web-based information and data management systems to support EH&S, e.g. Gen-Suite, Enablon, or similar.
- Significant knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; exemplary customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, training and facilitation, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Lean and continuous improvement manufacturing principles.
- Experience implementing “new view” S&H programs such as Human and Organizational Performance desired.
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Access databases.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail; able to evaluate and utilize safety and health data.
- Up to 50% overnight travel required.
- BS in safety engineering, safety sciences, engineering, or similar.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive salary and benefits package.