International publicly traded holding company.
The Managing Director will report directly to the group Chief Executive Officer and manage a team of local investment and portfolio support executives.
The Managing Director plays a central role in enabling the Company’s growth plan and strategy in North America. The person hired into this position will be expected to build, drive, and manage the Company’s business in Charlotte, NC, which includes ensuring continuous flow of acquisition prospects, building the organization, and delivering on the Company’s growth plan in the local market. This individual, along with the team to be built, will drive the growth agenda, in collaboration with the M&A and finance teams, as well as with external advisors in the US.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Take full responsibility for developing and driving the local business, managing the P&L, and driving profitable growth.
- Drive the strategic agenda for the Company in Charlotte, together with the central management team.
- Lead the local acquisition strategy; build strong relationships with prospective company owners; identify growth opportunities that align with the Company’s vision and mission; seek out business opportunities in all situations and be open to new ideas and possibilities.
- Be a strong ambassador for the Company, putting the brand on the map for owners of relevant target companies.
- Build and develop long-term relationships with entrepreneurs, brokers, lawyers, and other important stakeholders in the local market.
- Use central resources, local employees, and external advisors to execute the strategy.
- Lead operations – ensure overall efficient delivery across the portfolio; constructively challenge the current way of doing business, striving for continuous improvement.
- Manage ongoing reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and business metrics to meet the Company’s objectives.
- Attract and recruit necessary talent to accomplish business objectives.
- Be an active and inspirational leader with the ability to build, influence, and motivate the organization and its team members.
- Demonstrated success driving business results, with a clear ambition and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong ability to build relationships and communicate the Company’s unique value proposition.
- Ability to lead and build trust in and around an organization by fostering a success-oriented and accountable environment that engages employees, instills commitment, and builds loyalty.
- Must embody a “feet on the ground” philosophy, with the ability to see and lead from both the granular and “big picture” points of view.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal/social skills, with the ability to handle internal and external resources with aplomb and diplomacy.
- Strong understanding of and ability to live the Company’s core ways of working – focusing on business acumen and a long-term view in a humble manner.
- Ability to represent and make the Company the preferred buyer in the local market by being a strong M&A advisor with experience in analysis, modelling, and risk assessment.
- Ability to foster a performance-oriented entrepreneurial culture.
- Experience in building an organization, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the right talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, short-term and long-term bonus opportunities, and competitive benefits package.