Southeast-based, middle-market investment advisory firm.
The Investment Banking Associate will report to a Managing Director and will be based at the firm’s headquarters.
The Investment Banking Associate will play a crucial role in developing and strengthening client relationships and driving the transaction process.
More specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Evaluating and analyzing client needs, including the formulation and positioning of a client’s distinctive qualities with a focus on competitive differentiation.
- Drafting documentation and marketing materials for transactions, as well as constructing financial models.
- Maintaining client communication within various levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Participating in transaction structuring and execution efforts involving significant responsibility and accountability.
- Mentoring/supervising analysts.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Ability to understand all aspects of valuation, including deal comparables, public multiple analysis, discounted cash flow (DCF), leveraged buyout (LBO), merger/ability to pay models, etc., in addition to obtaining relevant information and utilizing company operating and forecast models.
- Ability to identify issues for analysis, including understanding of a business and its financials.
- Mastery of analyst skill set (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce, information resources, etc.) and ability to manage and provide guidance to analysts.
- Understanding of deal structures and market knowledge of cost of capital for various levels of capital structure.
- Above average business writing skills, including accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience writing investment theses and incorporating charts and graphs.
- Comfort working in transactional deal teams, including working alongside and providing guidance to analysts and interacting on a daily basis with vice presidents/directors and managing directors.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact effectively with C-suite executives, clients, buyers, and internal team members.
- Proactive decision maker and ability to work without oversight.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills; able to effectively lead client calls.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude; team player.
- Exhibit company’s core values of excellence, integrity, innovation, trust, respect, talent, teamwork, and community.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, including competitive base salary, merit-based year-end bonus, and benefits.