A southeast based supermarket chain.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources Operations directly supervises six staff members.
The Director of Human Resources Operations will lead the Human Resources (HR) field team to own and support the company’s purpose, priorities, and service standards. This includes providing superior support to the store management teams through driving increasing levels of performance, sourcing superior talent, and developing the company’s future leaders.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead the HR field team to provide day-to-day administration of all HR policies including, but not limited to, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Create and manage staffing matrices for store teams to ensure appropriate staffing levels and full-time/part-time ratios.
- Serve as an employee advocate and ensure positive employee relations throughout all divisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and company regulations and policies including compliance with federal, state, local, and company guidelines.
- Lead store management through a strong partnership with Operations and Talent Acquisition to ensure the company is selecting the right candidates and providing them with the right experience as new employees; this includes leveraging the company’s hiring guidelines and onboarding processes, etc.
- Lead division succession planning processes ensuring each division is identifying, developing, and preparing future leaders for the company’s store teams; primary focal points for bench development should be for leads, assistant department managers, department managers, co-managers, and store managers.
- Partner with the Director of Training and Development to support clerk, department manager, and store management training and evaluation of training within assigned division.
- Perform analysis of employee-related areas to identify trends and recommend the appropriate course of action to correct deficiencies and perpetuate best practices.
- Conduct and ensure consistency of investigations of harassment allegations and other HR- related matters.
- Responsible for participation, follow-up, and action planning of employee engagement survey results with all divisions.
- Ensure continuous improvement of HR practices, processes, and resources, both for the HR Generalist team and store operations teams.
- Support management’s HR activity in store hiring, corrective action/disciplinary procedures, and wage progression; conduct training and education activities to ensure division directors and store management are HR experts.
- Ensure materials related to HR practices and training are kept up-to-date and meeting the needs of the company’s people.
- Participate in strategic planning for HR across retail and lead the implementation of strategic priorities throughout the company’s retail banners and stores.
- 10 years of progressive management experience, preferably in operations management and human resources management within a retail environment.
- High-level business acumen coupled with a passion for human resources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work cross-functionally between departments.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate, and lead a team.
- Experience developing and implementing operational best practices across an organization.
- Demonstrated orientation for results, utilizing data for making business decisions.
- Ability to think outside the box, executing within the company structure while offering new ideas and solutions when appropriate.
- Demonstrated values of honesty and trustworthiness in all facets of the role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working effectively within a team structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources and a human resources professional certification is preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.