Privately owned wholesale grocery distributor based in the Southeast.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Distribution. This individual will manage two direct reports and have oversight of approximately 60 total employees.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to manage the maintenance, repair, and purchase of all equipment and facilities to ensure maximum productivity.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Strategic oversite of fleet maintenance and incident repair: 1,000+ units (250+ Class 8 tractors, 700+ refrigerated and dry trailers, box trucks, 130+ forklifts, 280+ pallet jacks, etc.) with a book value of $85+ million.
- Leadership and coordination of repairs, maintenance, and occupancy requirements of multiple properties including two refrigerated distribution centers (1.5 million sq. ft. total) with logistical services in 11 states, three off-site storage and processing facilities, two office buildings, and other company-owned properties.
- Oversee the remodeling and construction of facilities to make sure that the facilities will pass state and federal regulations and operate at maximum efficiency.
- Control expense budget and financial goals for all fleet and facility operations and related capital budgets, including annual operating expense budget of $19+ million, and annual capital budget of $30+ million plus special projects.
- Responsible for process safety management (PSM) of 49,000-pound Anhydrous Ammonia facility.
- Direct the Facility and Transportation Garage Managers to ensure maximum productivity of 50 skilled maintenance and diesel engine mechanics.
- Establish Supply Chain Indirect Procurement program with annual budget exceeding $50 million while maximizing the benefits of Oracle Fusion Procurement System.
- Ownership of asset utilization and capital efficiency across a diverse fleet of vehicles and facility network; command of both in-house as well as out-of-house repair and maintenance strategies.
- Plan and head the maintenance goals of supply chain properties, maintenance shops, and garages.
- Develop and monitor business plans targeting logistics, facilities, and fleet performance.
- Develop, implement, and monitor fleet preventive maintenance programs.
- Ensure that the fleet management and facility teams adhere to all internal and external regulations, policies, and guidelines, including inspections, DOT, SQF, FSMA, FDA, HAACP, PSM safety program, environmental management, and all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, representing the company philosophy and culture.
- Analyze metrics and trends to anticipate needs and/or proactively eliminate failures.
- Actively seek new suppliers and negotiate programs to present to operating teams options that will enhance teams’ performance.
- Stakeholder communication regarding the company’s fleet plans, direction, objectives, and performance.
- Growth and revenue of retail customers’ service programs for equipment and furniture procurement, lease programs, and services.
- Monitor the temperatures of the different areas in the facilities to ensure that the refrigeration, heating, and cooling systems are working properly and efficiently.
- Oversee the ongoing training of employees to ensure maximum knowledge of equipment functions and repairs.
- Attend workshops, meetings, etc., to stay abreast of changes in laws related to facilities and changes in technology related to equipment and facilities.
- Citizen/community correspondence to ensure the company remains “a good neighbor.”
- Emergency hazardous responses including fuel spills and ammonia leaks.
- 7-10 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in the areas of facilities management and maintenance, fleet management, mobile facilities equipment maintenance, and purchasing.
- Must be able to make decisions independently to address immediate operational needs.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Four-year undergraduate degree in business or engineering.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.