Director of Corporate Reliability
Provider of building products headquartered in Southeast US.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Technology and Innovation and lead a project team of 15.
The individual who occupies this position will be responsible for creating and implementing the reliability-centered maintenance strategy; team leadership and collaboration; risk assessment and asset criticality; maintenance optimization, data-driven insights, continuous improvement; budget and resource management; training and development; and reporting and communication.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop, implement, and lead the organization’s reliability-centered maintenance strategy which includes CMMS deployment, maintenance practices, and organizational structure; drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance maintenance practices and reliability; implement best practices, industry benchmarks, and innovative technologies.
- Promote the strategies, vision, and values of the organization and hire, train, and manage a team of maintenance engineers, analysts, and technical experts to execute the strategy and maintain safe working conditions and practices; foster a culture of learning and knowledge-sharing within the organization; provide training opportunities for the team.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration between maintenance, engineering, and operations teams; lead network of maintenance managers across the plants to foster collaboration and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Identify risks and recommend strategies to mitigate failures and minimize downtime; create frameworks to identify critical assets, failure modes, and maintenance priorities.
- Visit plants on a regular basis to provide guidance and ensure adoption of the strategy; assure that all plants maintain required training in environmental regulations, and safety to comply with company and governmental guidelines; conduct an annual assessment of plant facilities to identify needed improvement and repairs for input into capital budgeting.
- Optimize maintenance strategies based on reliability analysis, predictive maintenance, and condition monitoring, and implement strategies to maximize asset availability, performance, and lifespan; drive the standardization of equipment across plants where practicable for modernization and maintenance efficiencies; leverage data analytics and predictive modeling to make informed maintenance decisions.
- Develop and manage budgets for reliability-centered maintenance initiatives; allocate resources effectively to support the implementation of maintenance strategies.
- Generate regular reports on maintenance performance, reliability metrics, and key performance indicators.
- Present insights and recommendations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Maintenance Management, or a related field is required; master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven track record (10+ years) in a leadership role focused on reliability-centered maintenance, including experience implementing reliability-centered maintenance methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of reliability engineering principles, failure analysis, and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Familiarity with maintenance regulations and industry standards.
- Proficiency in data analysis, modeling, and maintenance management software.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.