Reports to the Vice President – Chief Marketing Officer
In 1993, NFL owners unanimously selected the Carolinas as the 29th NFL franchise and the first expansion team since 1976. As a result, the Carolina Panthers began play in 1995 with their first game in Canton, OH in the annual AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game. Over the last 25 years, the Panthers have been a highly successful team on the field, winning multiple NFC South Division titles and playing in two Super Bowls.
Since 1996, Bank of America Stadium, located in uptown Charlotte, has been home to the Panthers. The 75,525-seat, privately-financed, open-air, natural grass stadium was specifically designed for football. Bank of America Stadium also serves as a self-contained headquarters for the Panthers and includes training facilities, practice fields, and administrative offices.
Equally successful off the field, the Carolina Panthers organization is a highly respected, well-regarded, professional managed sports franchise. Since their beginning, the Panthers have been known for providing customers/fans with superior service. The Panthers are recognized as an excellent employer and an outstanding corporate citizen and community partner.
For more information, please visit www.panthers.com.
Senior leader, reporting to Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for building and directing the marketing analytics, for the purpose of developing deep behavioral insights to drive fan lifetime value. Leads a team of data scientists, engineers, and external partners focused on the development of analytically driven strategies, predictive models, experiment design, and fan segmentation. A player-coach who will drive the evangelization of analytics within the Carolina Panthers organization.
- Solely responsible for the success of analytics supporting fan management and marketing and developing strategic behavioral analytics solutions across products and segments.
- Impact-oriented, analytics and business leader to manage an analytic organization aimed at revolutionizing the fan experience through marketing and customer-centric digital innovation.
- Build the marketing analytics strategy, roadmap, and value capture plans.
- Sets the direction for the Panthers on the development of statistical/analytical procedures, processes, experiment design, performance monitoring reports, and KPIs to support fan lifetime management and optimize learning.
- Lead the development of key analytics initiatives including but not limited to:
– Build a fan segmentation and develop fan strategies that support loyalty program design, ticket pricing, and premium seating strategies.
– Manage the experiment design and optimization of all marketing campaigns, while additionally building media mix models to support optimized marketing spend.
– Develop rate cards for media partnerships based on data-driven insights to maximize value created from sponsorship relationships.
– Determine optimal pricing of merchandise, concessions, food, ticket, and premium upgrades.
– Create retention and cross-sell models to reduce churn and maximize revenue among season ticket holders and other fans.
- Impacts results of CLM and develop deeper understanding of drivers affecting behavior, directing the resolution of highly complex and strategic business problems.
- Manages and builds a strong team through formal training, diverse assignments, proactive coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment collaborating effectively to achieve common goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- More than seven years of relevant experience with departmental leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading and setting the direction for analytics teams focusing on statistical/multivariate data analysis and building large scale machine learning models.
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to derive insight and recommendations from data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work weekends, nights, and/or holidays when necessary.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or related fields.
- Extensive experience in consulting, analytics, or digital agency background.
- Business analytics experience in the sports and entertainment field.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.