One of the largest providers of automotive aftermarket upgrades in North America.
The Director, Information Technology will report directly to the Chief Information Officer with a dotted line to the President.
The individual will be responsible for leading the development of a suite of retail systems that transforms the company into a world-class retailer. These systems include: a new point of sale (POS) system, data management tools, customer experience (CX) enhancements, Franchisee Communications and Performance Portal, and a new order-to-cash system.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Deliver the new point of sale (POS) system; provide thought leadership in its design, and closely project-manage the effort to an on-time and on-budget success.
- Build out the data stack for the company covering data hygiene, data organization, data retrieval, data modeling, and visualization.
- Build new CX tools that enhance the customer experience and create compelling selling tools (e.g., a virtual truck “builder”) that drive same store sales.
- Create the franchisee communication portal where key information – including store performance dashboard, key communications and updates, order-to-cash status, advertising fund balances – is stored centrally.
- Partner with Vice President for Procurement to develop and deliver a new order-to-cash system to modernize the company’s order processing.
- Ability to work in multi-vendor environment and ensure conflicts are resolved quickly.
- Business Mindset – P&L-driven and thinks like an Owner; understands the needs of the business and works to make the IT deliver against those needs.
- Hands On – works and thinks at the Operator/Store level to understand how technology can work for the Franchisee; builds systems that work for the people versus systems that force people to work for the system.
- Project and Process Manager – knows how to get things done: works back from the due date, engages all stakeholders proactively in the process, knows how to parallel path work, an effective delegator, and on-time/on-budget deliverer.
- Franchise Experience and Service Mindset – ability to build rapport with Franchisees (i.e., hear them, understand them) while leading them (i.e., give them what they need versus only what they want); command respect from the individual Owner/Operators.
- Data-Driven – high quality decision making and insights generation through relentless study and analysis of the data.
- Thought Leader – will roll up their sleeves to get into the details and works alongside the various stakeholders throughout the process to commercialize/bring winning ideas to market.
- Team Leader – drives disparate groups to success, either as leader or as team member; drives the success of the teams that they’re on whether as leader or as team member.
- Technical Understanding – ability to understand business requirements and transform them into technical deliverables and ensure the team is aware of the end goal.
- Solid communication skills – ability to energize the team and ensure they are driving towards the same goal.
- Deep IT experience in the relevant systems (POS, CX tools, Portals, OTC).
- Has managed complex projects and comes with the full complement of project management skills.
- Has delivered transformational IT systems into organizations with a total contract value (TCV) of over $3 million (USD).
- Experienced practitioner of change management; experience with industry standard ITSM toolset preferred.
- Has worked in a franchisee environment.
- Experience interfacing with multiple business partners, leaders, and functions.
- Experience with visualization software (Tableau, QlikView, or D3) preferred.
- Experience with analytics, database, or business intelligence preferred.
- Strong SQL querying experience and Cognos reporting.
- Experience with prototyping/mock-ups/storyboards.
- Understands ERP and has hands-on implementation experience.
- PMP certification and ITIL certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.