Company is a privately held retailer that is headquartered in the Midwest and is currently comprised of 30+ retail and distribution locations.
Our client is looking for a Creative Director to lead and uphold the brand standard of the company across all mediums and channels. The Creative Director will lead a team of graphic designers (currently five). This team is focused on supporting design systems, marketing, UX, creative operations, and more. Leading a wide range of impactful projects including multiple brand launches, digital and traditional advertising campaigns, in-store creative, interactive design (corporate website, digital campaigns), and more, the role is a blend of high-level strategic direction and tactical execution.
The successful candidate will lead all facets of creative and design to successfully support the company’s overall brand and drive favorable business results.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead and set the company-wide direction for its visual brand.
- Inspire the team to create work that aligns with the company’s strategies and goals; work with the team to implement a cohesive visual style and brand design language for all brand experiences.
- Lead the development of unique, compelling advertising campaigns to build awareness for the company and differentiate the brand.
- Manage the video production and photography process across all brands.
- Protect the integrity of the company’s brand, keeping in mind that every great brand must evolve; lead the evolution as needed and in accordance with the company’s goals.
- Work with partners in marketing, UX, and merchandising to determine and align the creative work with company-wide plans.
- Partner with cross-functional marketing leaders to discuss creative effectiveness, experimentation results, and lead the team to iterate and improve based on data.
- Oversee the prioritization and assignment of all creative requests, and partner with the Director of Marketing Operations to establish processes to keep the team engaged, creatively inspired, and focused on priorities.
- Help onboard and guide the work of agencies and freelancers according to budgets, timelines, and scope.
You are passionate and hands-on about the work you do. You are a self-starter with outstanding leadership skills and a keen creative eye. You execute with urgency, thoroughness, and excellence. You have amassed a body of expertise that provides you with the skills you can apply to unique situations as they arise. You are a people person, honest, and genuine. You believe in the power of teams and you are equally comfortable leading or contributing. You are committed to earning the respect of your peers and your team by providing value to the organization and demonstrating true partnership.
- Minimum five years of experience as a creative leader at a top brand or agency, with over five years of experience developing and leading high-volume, motivated creative teams (in-house or creative agency).
- A visually compelling portfolio of inspiring creative for consumer-focused brands across multiple formats and channels.
- Equal parts creative strategist, mentor/leader, and skilled craftsperson.
- Creative aptitude, curiosity, and a keen understanding of the digital ecosystem and its audiences (experience leading creative for an internet-based retailer, and/or brick and mortar retailer, or CPG brand is preferred).
- Experience and understanding of video production, photography, and pre-roll best practices are highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing and evolving brand and marketing design systems, visual languages, and brand identities.
- Experience coordinating and directing the work of designers and creative talent.
- Experience implementing and building a digital asset management (DAM) program is highly preferred.
- Growth mindset; a continuous passion for learning, with a curiosity for culture, art, design, brands, and technology; stays abreast of the latest design and brand trends.
- Experience using tools of the trade to design, share feedback, and ensure work is on track (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Suite, Asana, Jira).
- Degree in graphic design, visual design, or related field.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.