Chief Technology Officer
National retailer headquartered in the western US.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer and leads multiple Information Technology leaders across the organization. The CTO is a member of the Executive Management Team.
The CTO is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company. This individual is responsible for developing and implementing growth strategies for the company supported by using technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, the CTO will lead all employees in the Information Technology departments to attain the objectives established in the company’s strategic plan.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development and support.
- Lead the organization’s omnichannel strategy by utilizing and maximizing the use of existing platforms SAP/Hybris, Retail.net, Oracle, and HighJump.
- Oversee and ensure company compliance and annual recertification for both PCI and IT controls for Sarbanes Oxley.
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity.
- Direct the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership that supports the company’s culture, mission, and values.
- Develop the IT management team to ensure that evolving, long-range leadership and expertise are in place.
- Maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that is consistently responsive to the needs of corporate growth and changing corporate objectives.
- Identify, compare, select, and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Prepare and ensure control of the Information Technology departmental annual budget.
- Oversee all system design changes in system architecture.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence.
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
- Utilize stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development, and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- Minimum of 15 years in the information technology function with proven experience as a senior technology leader in a retail company including omnichannel experience.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy.
- Thorough understanding of budgets and business planning.
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design, and development.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Hands-on experience with complex project management.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.