Established multi-unit retailer headquartered in the Southeast.
The Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will manage a team of accounting and finance professionals.
The Chief Financial Officer serves as the financial leader across all areas of the organization and works closely with the executive team and the CEO to achieve business outcomes. The individual is expected to lead these efforts with energetic, data-driven and process-centric approaches to business improvement across the organization.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide hands-on leadership of the organization’s finance and accounting function, including the preparation of monthly financial reports and other financial statements, complying with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Evaluate current accounting standards, policies, and procedures to comply with all stakeholder requirements and company objectives.
- Partner with the board, senior management, and all areas of the company to support the growth of the company.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and liaison to senior management and any outside constituents for the accounting and finance function.
- Work with the executive team and company operations on forecasts and budgets; provide appropriate analysis necessary to operations for the development and ongoing status of budgets and forecasts.
- Work with the existing accounting team to ensure effective cash management across all aspects of the organization.
- Lead all bank and external audits and compliance reporting for the company.
- Communicate regularly and transparently with the executive management team, utilizing thoroughly researched and well thought out strategies and plans for execution.
- Possess a broad industry perspective and is in tune with current and long-term trends/ dynamics.
- Validated experience in multi-unit retail industry with a combination of accounting and FP&A responsibilities.
- Ability to translate financial data into actionable policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Integrity and ethics that are above reproach; respect for confidentiality.
- Strong technology skills; hands-on experience with financial/accounting systems and leveraging technology to improve business outcomes.
- Self-motivated with sense of ownership; strong desire to achieve financial results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment that encompasses multiple locations across a broad geographic footprint.
- Process and detail-oriented personality coupled with strong work ethic.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.