A technology leader in urban vertical farming, this company grows and distributes millions of pounds of produce each year in start-of-the-art growing facilities. This well-funded, venture backed company has high growth expansion plans for domestic and international production.
The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Financial Officer will have overall management of the finance function.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Manage accounting personnel and coordinate with the Human Resources department.
- Lead all financial forecasting, budgets, reporting, and analysis with executives; create/ model annual and future financial models, unit economics analysis for production facilities, and input assumptions.
- Provide strategic leadership of financial analyses, profitability, and valuation models.
- Supervise cash management; create strategic initiatives and operational models with a strong focus on revenue growth, cost efficiency, and profitability.
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner; ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company.
- Serve as a key leader for raising equity funds, IPO, equipment financing, debt and bond financing with investment banks, banks, and equipment finance vendors.
- Prepare and execute mergers and acquisitions.
- Produce internal monthly board reports.
- Lead all external financial reporting: quarterly, annual accounts/reports, and event related reports and communicative PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage annual audits (local and consolidated) and tax reporting; oversee financial and accounting systems, processes, tools, and controls to facilitate successful auditing and comply with regulations.
- Interface with the market through required stock exchange reporting, conference/video calls, appearances, and road shows.
- Maintain all regulatory filings and audits for a public company, interface share depositary function as needed through related international markets.
- Develop and maintain data rooms.
- Execute and maintain various contracts/legal documents; review and negotiate material agreements.
- Manage MI and Financial Systems.
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained.
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders across functional, technical, and operational teams and with clients and suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills and a data driven mindset.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker, and planner.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Experienced in raising capital to fund growth; experience in taking a company public is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to work with team members and partners remotely and on an international scale.
- Ability to be extremely hands-on while building initial team.
- Optimistic, high energy, positive, with an absolute “can do” mentality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required; MBA or MAC strongly preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, equity opportunity, and competitive benefits package.