Southwest based global manufacturer and distributor of electrical and electronic consumer/ industrial goods with approximately $200 million revenues.
The Chief Executive Officer reports to the Board of Directors.
The Chief Executive Officer serves as the strategic and operational leader for the company and works in conjunction with the board to establish and achieve the overall vision and objectives for the business. This leader has full P&L and balance sheet responsibility, is charged with accelerating the company’s business success, and further expanding its position as a premier provider of products in its markets.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Direct and oversee global company operations with facilities in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Develop and present Strategic and Operating Plan annually to Board of Directors for approval, to be used as the basis for capital expenditure planning, bonus planning, etc.
- Determine which priority products and markets the company can best serve.
- Oversee the strategic management and utilization of the company’s production facilities across the globe.
- Establish a new high performance corporate culture focused on margin improvement: Establish and refine strategy/direction as needed. Execute efficiently – eliminate waste, improve feedback with better systems, procedures, and reporting for continuous improvement. Build a sustainable, profitable, and growing business.
- Personally observe and review existing managers with an ongoing goal of top-grading the senior management team.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret market information to develop responses for gaining market share and improving profitability.
- Solidify the company’s North American leadership position while significantly building business in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- Personally interface with all key clients to determine how to best meet their needs and help drive the future of their business.
- Explore new products and markets most relevant for the short and long-term future.
- Ten years of P&L ownership as a CEO or Division President.
- Retail channel sales experience that includes, but is not limited to, Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc. required.
- Engineering or engineering management experience preferred.
- Proven success achieving operational excellence, focused on reduced costs and improved quality.
- Experience utilizing e-commerce and new marketing technologies in creating and driving new business.
- Deep understanding of international markets; a keen observer of leading trends in multiple global centers.
- Experience building industrial and/or consumer brands and brand equity.
- Experience directing the priorities of a multi-plant, multinational company.
- Experienced evaluating and motivating a sales team and reviewing compensation programs for effectiveness.
- Recent success as the driving force that proposed and led transformational initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of meeting customer performance requirements, keeping communication active and exceeding expectations.
- Track record of attracting, hiring, motivating, and retaining “A-list talent.” Recognized as a leader by superiors, peers, and direct reports.
- Strategic thinker who has reimagined a company’s core business and planned and directed its future path.
- Commensurate level of education, MBA preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.