Publicly traded, global manufacturer based in the Carolinas.
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Corporate Controller / Chief Accounting Officer, and lead teams responsible for internal financial reporting, fixed assets, and other key aspects of the corporate accounting and reporting department. In addition, this new position will be an integral part of the Finance leadership team with regular interaction with the CFO as well as Corporate and Business Unit finance leaders.
The Assistant Controller works closely with the Corporate Controller and accounting and finance teams on all facets of corporate accounting and reporting with direct responsibility for internal financial reporting, fixed assets, and other key aspects of the corporate accounting and reporting department.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Oversee and/or assist with the following corporate accounting and financial reporting activities: general ledger accounting, periodic close processes (monthly / quarterly / annual) and preparation of consolidated financial statements for internal and external stakeholders (including Board of Directors and earnings release / investor relations activities).
- Gain understanding of our SEC reporting and key accounting policies and assist in ensuring proper compliance with SOX and GAAP.
- Assist in development of internal control guidelines and technical accounting policies / procedures that can be applied consistently on a global basis.
- Work with both internal and external auditors throughout the year during financial audits and as needed on special requests / projects.
- Involvement with acquisitions and divestitures, goodwill, and long-term asset impairment analyses, and incentive plan metric setting and monitoring.
- Assist with ensuring integrity of global accounting and financial reporting, including appropriate information systems to maintain disciplined financial planning and control systems to accurately report performance.
- Continually evaluate opportunities to drive greater efficiencies and effectiveness in the accounting close process while ensuring a balanced workload within the organization.
- Collaborate closely with FP&A on developing process that allows for improved closing speed and detailed management reporting needs.
- Develop a strong working relationship with key finance personnel for all domestic and international subsidiaries as well as our finance leadership team, functional leaders throughout the company, and independent auditors.
- These responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and an active CPA designation required.
- At least 15 years of significant accounting experience in a leadership capacity, preferably in a publicly traded company with a global manufacturing footprint.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley and experience working with Big Four auditors.
- Keen sense of establishing internal controls, creating internal and external reporting, and developing global accounting policies and related processes.
- Demonstrated interest and experience with process improvements using a variety of tools including standard work, automation, and elimination of non-value-added activities.
- Proven track record of collaborating and building positive relationships with other finance and non-finance teams to effectively make recommendations, implement processes and policies, etc.
- Strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and critical thinking skills.
- Proven track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent, and leading a high performing corporate accounting / finance team.
- Integrity, credibility, and character with demonstrated moral and ethical behavior.
- Executive presence combined with a high degree of maturity and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, general ledger software, and financial modeling programs.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.