Director of Investments
Established in 1980, and now with over $700 million in assets, the Leon Levine Foundation (TLLF) supports nonprofits in North and South Carolina that specialize in education, healthcare, human services, and Jewish values. Based in Charlotte, N.C., the Foundation invests in nonprofits with strong leadership, a track record of success, and a plan for financial sustainability. Through its investments, the Foundation intends to create pathways to self-sufficiency, champion strategies for permanent change, and facilitate opportunities for growth.
L&L Management, Inc. is a family office formed in 2005 to simplify the lives of their clients by managing financial, administrative, and personal affairs, and offering a variety of high-end, confidential, customized, customer-focused services performed by expert professionals. Clients include an affluent Charlotte family and its related entities, including The Leon Levine Foundation (TLLF). Services include personal accounting and net worth reporting; cash flow planning; bill paying and expense reporting; tax planning coordination; investment and balance sheet administration; legal oversight; insurance management; employee benefits and human resources; and concierge services.
Every day, you will be surrounded by smart, motivated, collaborative teammates with varied life experiences who have been successful in other industries and decided to dedicate their working years to lifting up others. Come join some of the most dedicated philanthropists in the region in a traditional yet dynamic setting. After celebrating TLLF’s first 40 years of giving, join the team as the Foundation looks forward to many more decades of impact at one of the largest private grantmaking foundations in the mid-Atlantic.
TLLF seeks employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join the team. It is critical to TLLF’s success that this diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. The Foundation continues to work to create an equitable workplace where all good ideas rise to the top.
For more information, please visit www.leonlevinefoundation.org.
This position will report directly to the President and lead a team of investment professionals.
The individual who occupies this position will lead TLLF’s investment function in close partnership with the senior leadership team and board of directors. As part of the organization’s future strategy, this individual will lead a strategic and fiscally responsible shift from traditional investing to impact investing.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Oversee the end-to-end identification, evaluation, and selection process for all fund-level investments in partnership with the TLLF’s executive leadership team and board.
- Guide and strategically manage the existing portfolio across all asset classes to maximize both financial return and community impact in adherence with TLLF’s mission.
- Lead regular business reviews of fund performance and provide reporting to key stakeholders.
- Spearhead investment policy management and the advancement of investment strategies that align with TLLF’s mission.
- Lead the recruitment, retention, and development of all departmental staff; conduct regular and professional performance management in partnership with TLLF talent practices.
- Assess, develop, and effectively manage high-performing vendor partnerships to guide the organization’s investment strategy.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the mission, vision, and values of TLLF and express them clearly both internally and externally.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key leadership and staff members across the organization.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the investment management field, preferably with experience in a combination of large institutional fund management and direct investments/buyouts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or master’s degree in finance or related field preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification preferred but not required.
- Highly analytical and data-driven professional with strong financial modeling skills.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage, and develop high-performance teams and set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong internal drive for achievement in all endeavors, typically supported by adaptability to changing circumstances and the resiliency to overcome setbacks.
- Objective and logical decision-maker with an ability to find creative and impactful solutions to challenging problems.
- High degree of personal integrity, along with curiosity and humility to learn about and from others.
- High commitment to service and a passion for driving the mission of the Foundation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.