Dauenhauer Plumbing was founded in 1958 and is Kentucky’s largest provider of plumbing services. The company has experienced very strong performance in both top line and profitability with eight consecutive years of sales growth. Dauenhauer has two divisions: Plumbing Services and Plumbing Construction. The Services division provides 24-hour on-demand plumbing repair and maintenance services for residential and commercial customers in Louisville, Lexington, and Southern Indiana. This division completes over 30,000 service calls annually; accounting for over 60% of Dauenhauer’s earnings and has grown organically for the last 12 consecutive years.
The Construction division provides new plumbing installation services for both multi-family and single-family home builders in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. The company completed an add-on for a repair/maintenance plumbing services business in Southern Indiana in Q2 2017 and is under letter of intent for a second add-on that is principally a repair/maintenance services business for both plumbing and HVAC and expected to close in late Q3 or early Q4 2017.
Dauenhauer was acquired by Chris LeBoeuf in 2004 and his son Jason joined the company the next year as a partner. In 2016, Trivest Partners purchased a controlling interest in the business and the LeBoeufs remain co-investors. The company is conservatively leveraged and the lender is supportive of the company’s growth plans that include accretive acquisitions.
For more information, please visit www.dauenhauerplumbing.com and www.trivest.com.
The Chief Executive Officer will report to the board of directors and will work closely with the LeBoeufs and the Trivest team.
The Chief Executive Officer serves as the strategic leader for the Dauenhauer organization and works in conjunction with Trivest Partners to accomplish the overall vision and mission of the company. The CEO is responsible for coordinating the organization’s strategic initiatives to accomplish the desired objectives and ensure the company’s financial health. This individual must be able to lead by example and appropriately communicate the organization’s objectives to the employees and customers.
Other specific responsibilities include, but may not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide operational leadership and support to the management team enabling them to be successful.
- Learn, understand, and manage the key drivers of the business.
- Utilize a hands-on approach in overseeing and operating the company.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture both internal and external working relationships that are key to the company’s success.
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives or special projects that further the company’s growth, including management of bolt-on acquisitions.
- Develop management protocols and structures to effectively utilize available assets.
- Interfacing with Trivest Partners for monthly update calls and strategy discussions.
- Sourcing and executing add-on acquisitions that grow the Services division.
- Interfacing with the company’s lenders to discuss strategy and rationale for any prospective add-on acquisitions.
- Active involvement in a future exit process, including leading of a management presentation and coaching team members.
- Integrity and ethics that are above reproach; respect for confidentiality.
- Strong strategic and organizational leadership skills; ability to inspire others.
- Ability to identify, develop, and support future leaders within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated; strong desire to achieve results.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Private equity experience, particularly execution of successful exit strategy and bolt-on acquisitions.
- Experience in general management within a business environment similar to Dauenhauer with preference for an Essential Services business such as plumbing, HVAC, or other technical services provided on-demand.
- Experience in establishing effective management protocols in a growing business.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus, benefits, and relocation assistance.