A private equity-held manufacturer of machine knives, blades, and other aftermarket consumables.
The Vice President, US Sales and Marketing will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serve on the executive leadership team. The position has seven direct reports, including national accounts, inside sales, field sales, marketing, and customer service.
The individual will be responsible for driving the national sales strategy to deliver growth on sales revenues and national accounts and will be a strategic business partner to the CEO and other members of the senior leadership team in developing the company’s US sales strategy and plan. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO and other executives to develop and drive the national, multi-channel sales strategy and plan.
- Proactively develop and maintain valuable relationships with target customers (OEM, distributors, agents, end users) to grow business within the Americas.
- Provide leadership to the marketing team in understanding the marketplace/industry, resulting in successful preparation of advertising and sales promotion materials and programs.
- Oversee and lead the Americas sales team including establishing Americas’ sales and marketing strategies and tracking sales team performance ensuring achievement of established sales goals.
- Translate strategic plans into annual operating plans that then drive immediate actions and measures of operational excellence for the sales organization.
- Develop new reporting tools, KPIs and other measurements to monitor performance and ensure long-term financial viability of the organization and the achievement of the operational and strategic goals.
- Create and lead a culture of empowerment, personal responsibility and accountability, and proactive continuous improvement.
- 15+ years of sales leadership in an industrial aftermarket sales environment characterized by progressively expanding scope and responsibility, including several years as a sales executive leading a multi-site sales team selling multiple brands and product families to diverse decision-makers via multiple channels.
- Executive sales presence (as a manager and sales person) and ability to engage with customers (C-suite executives and plant managers alike) to resolve problems and close deals.
- Experienced leader of a sales team, who has effectively built, developed, and coached sales teams, as well as structured sales teams and designed effective incentive plans.
- Demonstrated track record of leading a multi-channel (end user, OEM, distributor, online market place) sales strategy.
- Experience with industrial aftermarket sales, e.g., food processing capital equipment or industrial parts distribution.
- Experience selling parts (SKU-intensive, wears down and is frequently replaced), typically many small transactions at a higher volume.
- Knife and blade experience a plus but not required.
- Experience with private-equity owned companies a plus.
- Strategic thinker, change agent.
- Proactive, analytical, metrics-driven.
- Hands-on but also able to delegate effectively.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Mechanical engineering aptitude is a strong plus.
- Strong customer service and continuous improvement orientation.
- BS or BA strongly preferred or equivalent industry experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and long-term equity opportunity.