Private equity-backed national residential services.
The Vice President of Human Resources will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and serve as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT). The Director of Human Resources and Recruiting Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The individual in this position will provide strategic and operational leadership of all aspects of the Human Resources (HR) function and serve as the strategic business partner to the senior management team regarding key organizational and management issues.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the company’s human capital plan and direct all centralized human capital activities including recruiting, employment, compensation, payroll, benefits, performance management, training and development, organizational design and development, and change management.
- Drive the strategic talent acquisition process at all levels of the organization and partner with other officers of the company and brand leadership to anticipate and execute plans to address future organizational needs, promoting a culture of “The best team wins.”
- Ensure the company attracts and retains high-quality employees, ultimately building a bench of outstanding leaders across the organization; this includes attracting top talent to join the company and cultivating the development and advancement of current team members.
- Develop and implement a best-in-class leadership development program focused on the identification, assessment, and development of high-performing leaders.
- Provide leadership on the development of standardized HR policies and procedures across the company, considering the corporate culture and growth objectives of the business.
- Develop and implement programs that produce superior employee engagement, dedication, loyalty, and productivity, including creating and driving communication strategies and plans to inform and engage all levels of employees.
- Ensure all HR activities and operations are performed in compliance with applicable laws; develop a rapport with outside legal counsel and proactively identify when situations are appropriate to work with outside legal counsel.
- As a member of the ELT, serve as the HR advisor to the team, committed to creating an exemplary workplace culture of learning and performance that drives favorable business results.
- In connection with future M&A activities, lead and manage the risk-mitigation process of people and cultural alignment with the company; integrate people, plans, and processes of acquired companies; collaborate with the ELT on the development of succession plans for founder transitions out of primary operator roles of acquired companies, when appropriate.
- Manage all external HR service providers (e.g., benefits, payroll) and serve as a bridge/advisor between employees and senior management by handling questions, concerns, and any changes to company policy.
- Lead the safety function, focused on continuous improvement and driving a safety-first culture throughout the organization, including job sites.
- 10+ years of experience working in a HR/People leadership role, ideally in the lead HR role for a field services business, or one with a comparable workforce.
- Prior experience leading the HR/People function for a fast-paced, private equity-backed field service business that has experienced inorganic growth is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience leading the following areas: recruiting, talent mapping, and training and development programs at all levels of an organization; creating and implementing a company-wide performance management program; building and leading training initiatives at all levels; specific experience in developing and driving organizational/culture change, employee engagement, and company-wide communication.
- Experience in establishing compensation and incentive programs for field service technicians, front-line managers, and branch managers.
- Experience in developing and implementing succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Proactive, approachable, people-oriented person with strong interpersonal skills.
- Hands-on leader comfortable spending time in the field to engage with and earn the respect of the hourly workforce.
- Strong business acumen, intellectually curious with a quantitative approach to business.
- Experience in integrating acquisitions and harmonizing benefits plans in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound familiarity with OSHA and other applicable employment and labor law standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in HR or business is a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, equity opportunity, and competitive benefits package.