Headquartered in Charlotte, NC, CTE is a privately-owned group, with subsidiaries delivering equipment, services, and overall productivity solutions across the Southeast. CTE has over 1,500 employees generating sales of more than $800 million at 27 locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee.
CTE, a leader in its markets, is focused on providing equipment for construction, material handling, power generation, and crane as well as all the related after-market service, technology, and engineering expertise required to optimize asset and business productivity. The company is organized into four divisions:
Carolina CAT Power Systems – Charlotte, NC
Representing Caterpillar power generation solutions, the Power Systems group designs, delivers, services, and tests complete back-up and full prime power solutions across industrial and commercial markets, including data centers, financial services, governmental, and healthcare. CTE is committed to growing outside of the core CAT equipment business. In 2013 it acquired a NETA certified company, Power Products & Solutions to expand into advanced electrical testing on a nationwide basis.
In 2018, Power Systems had sales of $80 million and 134 employees. It operates three main lines of business: Electrical Power Generation sales; Electric Power Generation Service and Testing; and Southern Vac. It experienced 20 percent year-over-year growth in 2018 and expects a strong 2019.
For more information about Carolina CAT Power Systems, please visit its website.
Carolina CAT Construction – Charlotte, NC
Carolina CAT Construction meets the needs of its customers by providing superior parts, service, and sales of construction equipment, hydraulics, and on-highway trucks. Proud to be a part of the elite Caterpillar dealer network, Carolina CAT operates eight locations throughout western North Carolina, serving the following industries: construction, forestry, landfills, landscaping, manufacturing, paving, and quarries and aggregates.
For more information about Carolina CAT Construction, please visit its website.
LiftOne – Charlotte, NC
The largest full-service material handling dealership in the Southeast with 18 locations throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, LiftOne offers a wide range of new and used equipment solutions as well as a large fleet of equipment ready to rent to fill customers’ specific needs, including internal combustion forklifts, electric counterbalance forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks, manual and electric pallet jacks, rough terrain trucks and attachments, and batteries and chargers. LiftOne proudly represents some of the most trusted brands in the industry, including Hyster, Yale, Rail King, and Ottawa.
LiftOne also provides a variety of advanced services, such as smart warehouse design, to fleet management and telematics. Highly trained sales consultants and engineers provide unique and integrated solutions.
For more information about LiftOne, please visit its website.
Pinnacle Cranes – Charlotte, NC
Pinnacle Cranes provides solutions to all construction and construction-related industries through a team of highly experienced crane and product support professionals who specialize in providing the best crane products and services to demanding customers and applications. Pinnacle is the authorized dealer in North and South Carolina for Link-Belt Cranes, Manitex Boom Trucks, and Shuttlelift Industrial Carry Deck Cranes. Maintaining a large crane rental fleet and new crane inventory allows timely delivery.
For more information about Pinnacle Cranes, please visit its website.
CTE has been privately owned by the Weisiger Family since it was established in 1926. It is one of the longest-serving Caterpillar dealerships in the US, was recently recognized by Caterpillar as one of the top 10 dealers out of 170 in the world, and is one of the Carolinas’ largest privately held corporations. Ed Weisiger Jr. represents the third generation to lead the expansion of CTE, and he has championed the development of more sophisticated approaches to satisfying traditional and emerging market needs. While safety, operational excellence, and exceptional customer service will remain and continuously improve the hallmarks of CTE, the company is focused on the development of innovative, technology-driven business models, and value propositions that extend its advantage while delivering strong returns over time. CTE has the opportunity, ownership resolve, and financial resources to lead its markets.
This position will report directly to the President, Chief Executive Officer of CTE and serve as a member of the CTE senior leadership team (SLT). Positions reporting to the Vice President, General Manager include: Sales Manager – Electrical Power Generation; Product Support Manager – Electrical Power Generation; and General Manager – Southern Vac. This leader will also maintain key relationships with division leaders, suppliers and customers, CTE employees, and community and industry stakeholders.
The Vice President, General Manager Power Systems (VP) will be accountable for all aspects of business strategy and performance. This leader will directly manage all business line leaders and be accountable for developing and executing strategic and operating plans to drive growth, earnings and cash flow. While there is a high degree of independence, it is critical that this leader be an integrated member of the CTE team and align and adjust business strategies and priorities to fit with the goals of the overall enterprise.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead the creation and implementation of Power Systems strategy, including growth through acquisition. Define the vision, strategy, and priorities for areas of the business that facilitate achievement of growth, profitability, and market share objectives.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the operating division. Develop and implement adequate measures to meet the operational needs of the company, efficiently utilize its resources, and maintain an effective system of operational processes and outcome measurement. Use data analytics, reporting tools, and KPIs to maximize company performance and identify potential deficiencies.
- Develop strong working relationships with the CEO. Integrate into the CTE senior leadership team (SLT) by developing relationships with peer managers and direct reports while aligning to the company’s culture. Listen, learn, observe, and assimilate. Connect with the culture of CTE and continue to build it out.
- Motivate, lead, and retain a high-performance management team. Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the division. Define key business drivers and metrics, provide necessary resources to track them.
- Maintain excellent relationships and uphold the company’s strong reputation with Caterpillar and other supplier partners.
- Build and manage relationships with OEMs and other large vendors, as appropriate, outside of the Caterpillar product offering.
- Monitor new products or service trends in the industry, as well as customer industries, to ensure maintaining a competitive position in product offerings as well as customer needs and requirements.
- Develop the relationships, trust, and leadership credibility to be viewed internally and externally as a central figure in the leadership of the business.
- Achieve or exceed budgeted financial and metric performance in the areas of profit before tax, return on assets, market share growth, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, and safety.
- Oversee financial budget and cost containment initiatives of operational departments. Champion technology initiatives and design/implement new models to increase efficiency in delivery of services.
- Effectively champion continuous improvement, including in the areas of safety, cost, quality, service, and customer satisfaction levels. Align and optimize all elements of the business to fully benefit from the best opportunities during the current upcycle while preparing the business to thrive in the inevitable ups and downs to come.
- Work with the leaders of the three core business functions: sales and rentals, product support and service, and Southern Vac operations. Ensure business units are moving forward with strategic objectives towards meeting financial goals.
- Develop and administer annual operating budgets to ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources.
- Represent the company at various community, industry, and/or business meetings to promote the company; promote positive relationships with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish corporate goals/objectives/KPIs.
- Serve as a member of the CTE senior leadership team (SLT) to provide development and strategic input across the organization.
- Integrity; commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Customer driven; results-orientation focused on customer satisfaction.
- Passion for the business; enjoys, and thrives on, working with customers.
- Accountability; competitive, yet collaborative; likes to win; accountable for results.
- Adaptability; ability to think creatively and analytically; not afraid to think outside the box yet possesses good general problem-solving skills and solid analytical skills.
- Experience in businesses delivering equipment and specialized services, preferably related to electrical and power generation infrastructure is preferred.
- Prior roles that featured management of multiple brands, channels, products, and services, and experience managing field operations involving all aspects of engineered systems is preferred.
- Broad understanding of the emerging trends and opportunities in the electrical power generation field and associated industries.
- Strategic; contributes to development of an organizational strategy and justifies it with market insight. Thinks three to five years ahead into the next business cycle.
- Leadership ability; able to coach and develop people; positive and engaged.
- Strong executive presence with humility.
- Employee focused, team oriented, and a good delegator.
- Superior interpersonal skills defined as approachable, genuine, sincere, and honest; able to relate to people at all levels within an organization.
- Direct and open in communications; excellent listener; able to communicate across product, industry, and dealer lines; pushes for resolution, clarity, and accountability.
- Disciplined, organized, and detail oriented; maintains focus on priorities.
- Business savvy and financial acumen; proven track record leading, operating, and growing businesses in a top leadership role with direct profit and loss accountability.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, short-term and long-term incentive bonus opportunities, and competitive benefits package.