National wholesale distribution company serving over 3,000 retail locations through 10 distribution centers.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Regional Manager and leads a team of over 400 with five direct reports.
The Vice President/Division Manager directs and coordinates the daily wholesale divisional operations with a focus on developing and driving new sales opportunities, developing new members and maintaining positive relations with members, and achieving targeted sales and profit goals for the company.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Lead programs to achieve division goals for sales, expenses, and profits.
- Review analyses of activities, costs operations, and forecast data to determine division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives for the division and company.
- Confer with chief administrative officers and other key leaders to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Formulate strategic plan for responsible market growth.
- Guide employees to set and maintain a standard of excellence in division operations.
- Maintain ongoing communication with key members and maintain overall positive member relations.
- Serve as a member of management committees on special studies.
- Work as a team member to ensure that total job responsibilities are met. Actions must always stress a sense of cooperation, integrity, tact, and consideration with our members, associates, and division management.
- Retail supermarket or wholesale grocery experience preferred.
- Degree preferred but not required; minimum of 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum 10 years in management.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and build a program.
- Sound financial and business acumen; able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Able to prepare and present effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Some overnight travel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.