Company is a privately held retailer that is headquartered in the Midwest and is currently comprised of 30+ retail and distribution locations.
- We think about every product and service we sell and every interaction with a customer as critical to our brand and our success. Customer satisfaction is our ultimate report card. We cannot tolerate any weak links anywhere in our end-to-end customer experience (product / technology / marketing / distribution / service).
- Every one of us has urgent dissatisfaction with customer-facing friction and inefficiency.
- We are nimble. We are willing to do things differently. We are empowered to use good judgment.
- Our customer focus determines our priorities, sets our agenda, and defines how we interact with one another, both external and internal customers.
- We take care of one another.
Our client is looking for a highly collaborative problem-solver who can motivate teams of people to achieve aggressive goals. If you have the tool kit to be a champion for change, then keep reading. As the Vice President of Strategy, you will play a key role for the company, executing major initiatives, breaking down complex problems, and enabling data-driven decisioning across the enterprise.
You will report to the CEO and be a member of the executive team. After developing a deep understanding of the company’s business model and key growth levers of each business unit, you will partner with the CEO and the executive team on strategy formulation. From there, you will work closely with all members of the executive team to drive cross-functional collaboration and ensure smooth execution and on-time delivery of all initiatives. Using simple frameworks to track progress and identify challenges, you will present status on all company-wide initiatives and tee-up key issues for discussion in the weekly executive team meeting. As a catalyst for change, you will be empowered to identify and remove obstacles preventing progress.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s business model and key growth levers of each business unit or functional area.
- Deliver research to shape and inform strategy (e.g., market sizing, trends/innovation, peer actions, voice of the customer, etc.).
- Collaborate with CEO, Chairman, and executive team on strategy formulation, documentation, and communication throughout the organization.
- Assist executive staff in meeting all defined objectives; provide project management structure and support to project sponsors; hold key stakeholders accountable in efficient and timely execution of key initiatives. Build tools and frameworks to aid in execution management, progress communication, and goal attainment.
- As a thought leader – foster, inspire, and introduce critical discussion in executive meetings.
- Measure and track enterprise and business unit KPIs in close collaboration with business leaders, including both operational and financial metrics; quickly react to these outcomes in an agile way; build appropriate models necessary to achieve objectives, including an executive dashboard with critical KPIs.
- Execute business opportunity due diligence as necessary, in partnership with CFO/CEO/ Chairman.
You are passionate about the work you do. You are a scrappy self-starter with outstanding leadership skills and the ability to influence. You have an instinct for breaking down complex problems into discrete, addressable issues. You execute with urgency and excellence. You have amassed a body of work that provides you with a toolbox of skills that you can apply to unique situations as they arise. You are a people-person, honest, and genuine. You believe in the power of teams and you are equally comfortable leading or contributing. You are committed to earning the respect of your peers by providing value to the organization and demonstrating true partnership.
- Manager level experience within a role that encompasses strategy formulation and execution.
- Exemplary project management skills.
- Highly collaborative, organized with great planning skills.
- Demonstrated strong listening, information gathering, and empathy skills for uncovering and defining needs, deliverables, and outcomes.
- A strategic thinker with lots of creativity and high intellectual curiosity; data-driven and analytical.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Daily on-site presence in the corporate office (remote candidates will not be considered).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.