Client is a leading provider of premium school uniforms to private and charter schools across the Sunbelt region of the US. The company leverages its vertically integrated supply chain, as well as a unique product sourcing model, to offer an unrivaled combination of quality, customization, and customer service.
The Vice President, Sales reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer and has responsibility for leading and supporting a team of business development managers.
The Vice President, Sales is accountable for driving achievement of company revenue and profit goals, including winning new school programs and supporting existing school programs for growth, retention, and compliance. This individual is also responsible for company sales operations, as well as developing and aligning the sales and marketing strategy to the overall company strategy.
More specific duties include:
- Work closely with company leadership team to develop and implement sales and coverage strategy with supporting structure and processes; collaborate with company leadership team on strategy development and execution.
- Recruit, develop, and retain a strong sales team, including management and individual contributor roles.
- Work with sales management and sales team to meet/exceed individual and team goals for sales to new schools, both in store geographies and in new online territories.
- Provide leadership and coaching to business development managers/directors; participate directly in sales and account management efforts as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and execute sales policies and practices; deploy consistent sales process across the organization and lead team in increasing compliance of school programs with company selling guidelines.
- Meet sales targets including new school program contract revenue, company revenue, and company profitability; work with merchandise and retail leadership to drive improved profitability at the company and account levels.
- Create and drive execution of a strategic marketing plan that defines value proposition, loyalty program, drip campaigns, digital marketing, brand and positioning, higher sales per transaction, and social media; manage sales and marketing budgets.
- Monitor CRM for quantity, quality, balance, velocity, and relationship issues; establish management rhythm such that sales and pipeline metrics are measured and communicated efficiently and effectively and ensure necessary corrective actions for pipeline are planned and executed.
- Maintain high profile within the industry to identify new opportunities and increase market level efficiencies of all sales programs.
- 10+ years of experience in progressively responsible sales and sales leadership roles.
- Demonstrated success building and leading a metrics-driven sales infrastructure and high performing sales team.
- Experience selling into independent/charter school channels and/or contract retail apparel sales preferred.
- Excellent communicator across all levels.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite products, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits.