Mid-Atlantic-based manufacturer of engineered products that are specified by the end users.
The Vice President, Sales and Marketing (VP) will report directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the senior leadership team. The VP will be responsible for leading a growing sales and marketing team.
The Vice President, Sales and Marketing will be responsible for leading all aspects of the company’s sales function, including managing its distribution channels.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and lead sales activities, tactics, and growth in line with the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Drive business development and growth by planning, directing, and coordinating sales.
- Establish sales territories, sales budgets, and complete sales projections for territories and products.
- Recruit, motivate, and lead a high-performance sales team to achieve revenue goals and drive company philosophy.
- Supervise the performance of regional and local sales managers; ensure the team has thorough training, clear key performance indicators, and a full understanding of the company’s strategic objectives to guide sales efforts.
- Direct inside sales team to provide the highest levels of customer service in all activities.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Create and optimize relationships with outside sales rep agencies and purchasing groups.
- Identify and develop opportunities for company and product differentiation to improve market position and competitiveness.
- Monitor customer preferences, competition, and selling costs to change with trends and demand.
- Implement marketing strategies and analyze sales statistics to determine the potential for various manufactured products.
- Drive efforts to reinforce brand strength and positioning.
- Monitor customer opportunities and market trends to determine the focus of sales efforts.
- Define and manage product life cycles; constantly evaluate product portfolio to achieve maximum exposure to profitable business.
- Define customer segments and determine growth and development plans for each level.
- Ensure new business and product opportunities that support company goals for growth and long-term sustainability.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates; review customer agreements and new product requests to project sales and determine profitability.
- Manage trade show schedule, attendance, and monitor outcomes.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the company.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Ten-plus years of experience as a leader of sales professionals.
- Experience leading sales for a business in which the products are specified by the end users.
- Experience selling into municipalities and/or contractors is a plus.
- Highly skilled at both direct sales and indirect selling through reps/distributors.
- Knowledge of gas and water utilities markets is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in growing territories and regions through direct sales and team management.
- Proven track record of strategic, competitive wins.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to recruit, retain, and motivate a high-performing sales team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including being graceful under pressure, a team player, and having personal integrity/a willingness to admit mistakes and assume responsibility.
- Able to travel up to 50%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.