Private equity-owned, Southwest-based global manufacturer and distributor of electrical and electronic consumer/industrial goods with over $250 million in revenues.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The Vice President of Sales will manage a team of 10 sales associates and 15 customer support associates, along with outside sales agencies.
The Vice President of Sales is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling operations for the North America-based company accounts in order to meet the corporate strategic objectives.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team focused on profitable growth of the enterprise.
- Develop, validate, and implement all strategies and actions required to meet sales goals for identifying, cultivating, and managing accounts, in accordance with given budget.
- Hire, train, and lead a high-performing team of proactive sales executives across the country; effectively manage outside sales agencies.
- Instill a sales culture of cultivation, continuous improvement, and growth; set expectations and hold team accountable for achieving sales targets and overall goals.
- Manage multiple major customer accounts with annual sales in excess of $40 million each.
- Support retailers’ growth through brick and mortar and omnichannel.
- Pursue new business opportunities.
- Regularly prepare, validate, and present business reviews of sales and prospective sales.
- Regularly present to the board and executive team on sales with existing and new accounts.
- Prepare written materials, such as business agreements, special offers, and promotional events, with internal and external parties.
- Assimilate effectively and quickly into the company culture, adhering to their company values.
- Ten-plus years of sales leadership experience.
- Experience selling into retail, preferably a mix of big box and specialty.
- Proven experience generating profitable sales growth through major retailers.
- Proven experience building and leading geographically dispersed and high-performing sales teams that have generated substantial growth.
- Experience managing outside sales agencies.
- Experience working with a private equity-owned company preferred.
- Aligned with the company values.
- Entrepreneurial with a proven ability to manage a P&L.
- Results- and action-oriented with a blend of analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Persuasive and able to sell ideas and push back; adaptable.
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus and equity opportunity, and competitive benefits package.