Private equity-backed building products company based in the Southeast with a route to market through dealer channel.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will lead all marketing and sales team members, including district sales managers, company store salespeople, and the inside sales team. He/she will build the marketing department and oversee all agency relationships.
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for structuring and leading all facets of the sales and marketing functions, including serving as a member of the executive team who sets and implements the overall strategic direction for the company.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop the strategy, systems, processes, and structure of the sales and marketing organization, including recruitment and selection of team members and design of the compensation structure.
- Develop and execute brand and go-to-market strategies.
- Provide ongoing performance management of the internal sales force to meet company growth and profitability targets.
- Develop impactful and cost-efficient marketing programs to increase sales funnel and relationships with distributors.
- Cultivate and manage a strong S&OP process with operations and supply chain functions to effectively meet customer expectations.
- Implement and drive a results-oriented sales function with clear metrics and reporting.
- Lead strategic market analysis and annual planning directly linked to data and insights to expand sales funnel and capture market share.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales of similar products sold through dealer channel; immediate building products experience preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to develop a professional sales team (people, processes, systems, compensation plans, etc.) and implement detailed processes, metrics, and KPIs.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to form positive relationships with all levels of an organization, internally and with key customers.
- Solid financial skills with a working knowledge of the financial components that drive the company’s profitability.
- Data-driven and results-oriented leader with a demonstrated track record of driving sales growth, customer expansion, and market share growth; experience working with CRM systems.
- Significant hands-on leadership while developing the team, creating processes, and delivering on sales and marketing targets; experience managing pricing/product development is desirable.
- Validated leadership experience of a geographically dispersed sales force; buildout experience of people, processes, and systems preferred; ability to motivate others and foster a strong team environment.
- Evaluate and lead new market entry and develop the team needed to execute; provide intensive sales training and follow-up to ensure the team meets or exceeds established sales goals.
- Strong influential leadership capability with internal and external relationships.
- Effectively convert strategies into tactical deployment that meets growth targets and company objectives.
- Location can be flexible or remote; ability to spend meaningful time with executive team and key customers; travel 50% plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.