National retailer with over 120 locations across the US, headquartered in the western US.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and manages all Real Estate staff.
The Vice President (VP) of Real Estate oversees national real estate operations, including leasing, purchasing, and construction of property, as well as compliance with zoning regulations, evaluation, and resolution of any disputes. The VP ensures that properties are maintained and serves as a point of contact for the community. This position drives effective sourcing and project management of construction and leasing in partnership with the Executive Team, Finance, Operations, and Construction teams, leveraging industry knowledge, performance data, and effective team leadership.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Partner with Finance and third-party analytics partners to create tools, systems, and processes for market evaluation, pipeline development, forecasting, and general strategy, and communicate information to relevant teams.
- Work directly with landlords, developers, and brokers to evaluate development opportunities from ground-up construction sites to conversion of existing space.
- Negotiate letters of intent, term sheets, and lease agreements on a regular basis, often in partnership with internal and external counsel.
- Prepare and present site evaluation and approval packages to the real estate committee for new opportunities inclusive of proformas, demographics, analytics, design criteria, area and market maps, revenue forecasts, etc., to determine property feasibility.
- Partner with the development team members to ensure a seamless hand-off from leasing to design and construction.
- Ensure time-based information is secured for transactions, including permitting obstacles, zoning compliance, specialty approvals, permitting timelines, tenant and sign criteria, impact fees, real estate taxes, etc.
- Develop and maintain key real estate industry relationships, including developers, brokers, and potential retail partners.
- Work with landlords and legal on lease renegotiations for existing properties and conduct stay or vacate analyses in relation to the renegotiations.
- Responsible for tracking deal cycle performance and reporting out pipeline trends.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure locations are opened on time, aligned with the brand/design vision, and within the approved budgets.
- Train, coach, and develop the real estate team.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial real estate required, preferably across multiple national markets.
- Experience with transaction management and real estate finance.
- Strong capabilities in lease negotiation and alternative deal structures with an ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Strong people management skills with experience leading teams and working cross-functionally.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excel under pressure; ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel, up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.