Private equity-backed manufacturer of consumer goods headquartered in the Southeast.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will lead all manufacturing, logistics, and customer service members. He/she will build the operations department and oversee all internal and subcontracted resources.
The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for delivering operational excellence and efficiency in a safe and positive work environment. He/she will be responsible for structuring and leading all facets of the manufacturing, sourcing, logistics, and customer service functions, including serving as a member of the executive team who sets and implements the overall strategic direction for the company.
Specific duties will include, but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop the strategy systems, processes, and structure of the manufacturing, logistics, and customer service organizations, including recruitment and selection of team members and design of the compensation structure.
- Manage, optimize, and grow the network of manufacturing facilities (internal and third-party) to support geographic expansion.
- Manage and optimize the transportation and logistics operations, considering the manufacturing locations, dealer locations, and consumer direct orders; oversee capacity planning, dispatching, routing, and tracking all company vehicles across multiple facilities to ensure work is accomplished in a manner consistent with business and customer requirements; ensure safety and compliance with all state and federal regulations and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Manage and optimize the customer service team, processes, and systems to efficiently ensure excellent customer service.
- Cultivate and manage a strong SOP process with sales function to effectively meet customer expectations.
- Implement and drive a results-oriented operations function with clear metrics and reporting.
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO, and marketing and sales leaders to ensure operations can support strategic initiatives and deliver the annual operating plan.
- Lead integration of acquired manufacturing facilities and transportation operations.
WHY THIS IS A COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY:
The company has grown over 20% per year for the last several years with excellent margins and is taking market share from its competitors in the relatively stable and growing segment. The company has seen continued strong demand for its high-quality and attractive products. There is an opportunity to build on the existing dealer network, refine the product offering, significantly enhance the company’s manufacturing and logistics functions, and add-on acquisitions. If you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles, this is it.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing, transportation, and logistics; preferably with larger footprint products.
- Experience in developing and leading an organization (people, processes, systems, compensation plans, etc.); proven ability to implement detailed processes, metrics, and KPIs.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to form positive relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Solid financial skills with a working knowledge of the financial components that drive the company’s profitability.
- Data-driven and results-oriented leader, with a demonstrated track record of efficiently driving higher output.
- Significant hands-on leadership while developing the team, creating processes, and delivering on strategic operating initiatives.
- Experience evaluating buy/build for manufacturing and internal vs. subcontracted transportation.
- Strong influential leadership capability with internal and external relationships.
- Servant leadership; lead by example; encourage a collaborative environment.
- Effectively convert strategies into a tactical deployment that meets growth targets and company objectives.
- Bring order to chaos; thrive within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.