Manufacturer of commercial building products headquartered in the Southeast.
The Vice President of Manufacturing Operations reports to the Chief Executive Officer/President and is responsible for domestic and international manufacturing operations.
The Vice President of Manufacturing Operations’ duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop strategies, goals, and objectives to drive optimal manufacturing performance, including anticipation and management of capital requests in conjunction with business needs and growth strategies.
- Establish financial budgets, in collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, and manage the manufacturing operations group to meet and/or exceed budget and operating expectations.
- Work cross-functionally as an executive team member with sales, human resources, engineering, and finance to plan, develop, and execute company goals, objectives, and compliance measures.
- Provide guidance and strategic direction to various manufacturing operational areas of the company to ensure that key financial and performance metrics are in place to evaluate and enhance business operations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and be a champion of activities and events to drive continuous improvement from order entry through order completion.
- Formulate and direct implementation of processes and procedures to generate cost efficiency and optimal workflow, sustain and improve quality programs, and ensure safety and environmental compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT).
- Mentor and influence manufacturing operation management staff to promote the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies in staff to support personal and company objectives. Develop and guide staff to reach their maximum management potential.
- Understand and meet customer expectations regarding cost, quality, and delivery; solicit customer feedback to provide continual improvement, training, and education in internal processes and procedures.
- Present information in written and oral form to a variety of audiences including board of directors, customers, community, compliance auditors, associates, and executive team.
- Support awareness and compliance of environmental and safety concerns in a proactive manner to ensure a safe environment for associates and the community.
- Travel domestically and internationally, approximate travel is 25%.
• 10 years of progressive leadership experience over multiple manufacturing sites to include production planning, purchasing, manufacturing, and distribution.
• Experience in a senior level role that includes P&L responsibility and an expertise in production control, quality control, and compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
• Solid experience in the manufacture of durable goods including domestic and international exposure; sheet metal fabrication and wood manufacturing experience preferred.
• Strong sense of business acumen to understand how manufacturing operations impact overall company success.
• Proven track record of driving operational success and continuous improvement.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.