Company is a privately held retailer that is headquartered in the Midwest and is currently comprised of 30+ retail and distribution locations.
Our client is looking for a highly collaborative and thoroughly hands-on human resources leader who will plan, direct, implement, and oversee all human resources activities that support the growth of the company and ensure they operate within all applicable federal, state, and local legal guidelines. The Vice President, Human Resources (VPHR) plays a key role in executing culture development, performance management, recruiting, training, and talent development across the organization. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the executive team, the VPHR partners with the team on all human resources activities.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Develop and lead the company’s human capital plan and direct all human capital activities including recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, personnel development and training, organizational design and development, and change management.
- Ensure the company attracts and retains high quality employees, ultimately building a bench of outstanding leaders across the organization; this includes attracting top talent to join the company and cultivating the development and advancement of current team members.
- Develop and implement programs that produce superior employee engagement, dedication, loyalty, and productivity, including creating and driving communication strategies and plans to inform and engage all levels of employees.
- Work with staff to devise and implement total compensation strategies that meet the needs of employees, incentivize them, and promote the company’s objectives.
- Ensure all human resources activities and operations are performed in compliance with applicable laws; develop a rapport with outside legal counsel and proactively identify when situations are appropriate to work with outside legal counsel.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, serve as the human resources advisor to the team committed to creating an exemplary workplace culture of learning and performance that drives favorable business results.
You are passionate and hands-on about the work you do. You are a self-starter with outstanding leadership skills and HR insight. You execute with urgency, thoroughness, and excellence. You have amassed a body of expertise that provides you with a toolbox of skills that you can apply to unique situations as they arise. You are a people person, honest, and genuine. You believe in the power of teams and you are equally comfortable leading or contributing. You are committed to earning the respect of your peers and your team by providing value to the organization and demonstrating true partnership.
- 10+ years of experience in a human resources leadership role with some experience in multi-unit retail or multiple distinct business units.
- Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality above reproach; seen as a credible leader and thought partner by management peers and the entire organization.
- Extensive experience leading the following areas: recruiting, talent mapping, and development programs at all levels of an organization; creating and implementing a company-wide performance management program; building and leading training initiatives at all levels.
- Skilled in driving organizational/culture change, employee engagement, and company-wide communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team management and development capabilities required.
- Proactive, approachable, and demonstrates a high degree of personal accountability for driving results; possesses a strong focus on partnerships with diverse constituencies and works for win-win solutions.
- LMS experience preferred; experience sourcing/integrating/adapting an HRIS system.
- Sound familiarity with OSHA and other applicable employment and labor law standards.
- Bachelor’s degree required; PHR or related certification desirable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.