Privately owned distributor of food products.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with a dotted line to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
The Vice President of eCommerce (VPEC) is a critical member of the Foodservice Strategy Team. The VPEC will be accountable for crafting a holistic eCommerce strategy that enhances the company’s eCommerce capabilities through leadership, internal collaboration, innovation, and a relentless obsession with business and consumer impact.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead the cross-functional eCommerce committee to define the company’s eCommerce strategy to solve key customer challenges and streamline existing processes across broadline foodservice and other lines of business.
- Bring best practices and industry insights for creating best-in-class eCommerce capability.
- Responsible for developing the company’s three-year eCommerce roadmap including technologies, capabilities, and other resources required to fulfill the vision.
- Plan for and lead the eCommerce committee in which CX, IT, marketing, and sales operations will collaborate to implement the eCommerce vision.
- Lead with vision, clarity, and collaboration with regulatory, finance, and products teams to create the business case for the eCommerce vision.
- Develop and manage an annual budget for the eCommerce function.
- Lead and manage the end-to-end eCommerce strategy development and day-to-day operational execution.
- Work with eCommerce vendors and technology partners from strategy through to implementation and continuous improvement cycles.
- Manage prioritization among user experience, technology, and UX/UI design to ensure the company’s customer experience remains customer centric.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business and technical teams to prioritize requirements, create as-is and to-be process models, evaluate potential solutions, define proposed solutions, propose quick fixes, and develop model business processes.
- Evaluate data and feedback from customer insights, CRM, and product teams to further iterate and evolve eCommerce capabilities.
- Leverage analytics, consumer insights, and reports to identify, recommend, and implement optimizations and enhancements to the eCommerce infrastructure.
- Monitor overall eCommerce activity and operations daily and recommend adjustments to improve business outcomes and overall customer experience.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce platforms and technologies with a minimum of seven years of proven experience driving and leading eCommerce solutions; 10+ years of experience preferred.
- Previous experience providing leadership to grow eCommerce capabilities in a large matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional partnerships and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships across functions and levels of an organization to drive teams towards success-based results; ability to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflict.
- Ability to apply technical skills to understand and communicate the potential and limitation of technology.
- Comfortable in constantly evolving and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Analytical mindset that is obsessed with tracking and improving eCommerce KPIs.
- Solid understanding of business process and data modeling, data structures, use case, user story development, and test case development.
- Ability to think fast and react in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- Strong project management skills to handle timelines and deliverables.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with an attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.