Global manufacturer of consumer goods.
This position will report directly to the Global CFO.
The Vice President, Investor Relations leads the investor relations activities for the company and serves as a key advisor on the investor relations strategy, ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead the IR effort to find, support, and engage with institutional and retail investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, presentations, meetings, and social media communications.
- Manage targeted programs for prospective investors.
- Maintain a forward-looking IR calendar that includes earnings releases, analyst and investor meetings, conferences, and analyst-day presentations, as well as the annual shareholders meeting.
- Monitor key institutional and retail trading of major blocks of company’s shares and bonds.
- Serve as a member of internal committees (e.g., disclosure, communication, corporate responsibility, etc.).
- Serve as the voice of the company to, and serve as a key point of contact for, the investment community.
- Support executives with investor engagement and education, conferences, analyst days, and roadshows, and ensure impactful and consistent market narrative and communications.
- Build a strong culture around enhanced corporate and executive communication effectiveness including preparation, rehearsal for key presentations, feedback, and concrete suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the CFO and executive leadership team to advance shareholder education and engagement.
- Analyze financial and other business information and interpret and investigate accounting and operational data for the company, its competitors, and the markets in which it operates.
- Perform a comprehensive competitive analysis of peers, including financial metrics and differentiation; develop and maintain a competitive information repository for key market communications by peers.
- Track analysts’ models and estimates, and, if applicable, summarize their quarterly consensus.
- Maintain a listing of key analysts who cover the company and take steps to expand coverage as appropriate.
- Proactively execute investor and analyst events, conferences, individual investor meetings, roadshows, and other activities.
- Act as speaker on behalf of the company as needed at investment conferences and individual meetings.
- Track outreach and meetings with investors.
- Help build a strong investor base by helping shape clear and transparent communication of the company’s corporate story; synthesize and enhance messaging to credibly convey the company’s vision, strategy, and financial results across all communication channels.
- Help develop and maintain robust investor communications facilitating the understanding of business drivers and key performance metrics.
- Collaborate with members of finance and management to develop quarterly earnings messaging materials including press releases, presentations and related scripts, and potential Q&A materials covering company results, analyst forecasts, and industry developments; oversee all aspects of earning calls, including Q&A.
- Contribute to and assist with the drafting and production of applicable sections of the company’s annual report, shareholders’ letter, corporate sustainability report, proxy statements, and other investor communications, and SEC filings.
- Lead the management, planning, and execution of periodic and ad hoc financial and non-financial communications with investors, analysts, and other key financial stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain an effective and regulatory-compliant IR section of the company website; ensure brand consistency, ease of access and use, and timely dissemination of key disclosures.
- Maintain the company’s investor and analyst communication channels, including a dedicated IR email, address, and phone number; proactively respond to inquiries.
- Track topics and follow-ups for analysts’ and investors’ inquiries in CRM tool; develop FAQs for recurring questions to ensure consistent response and clarity.
- Collaborate with corporate communications on overall communications strategy around key corporate matters, executive and Board appointments, M&A events, product launches, customer-facing issues, as well as challenging economic, market, or corporate-specific events that are salient to the company’s investors.
- Work with the head of corporate responsibility/sustainability to contribute to, and coordinate with, the company’s ESG messaging and outreach.
Perception of Company and Brand:
- Implement and manage a robust investor relations program, designed to communicate with the investor community to drive awareness and build the company’s long-term brand and valuation.
- Obtain feedback and external perspective and deliver to executive management, the businesses, and the Board to ensure management is up to date on investor and analyst perceptions of the company, including views of company/brand, how the company is being managed, and company’s financial results; implement any necessary course corrections in messaging or relationship management.
- 15+ years of work experience, including investor relations or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a member of an executive management team, well versed in understanding a company’s industry, operating environment, strategy, current operations, financial condition, risk appetite and profile, competitive environment, corporate culture, and the needs and demands of key investors and analysts (current and targeted) and other key stakeholders.
- Established relationships and credibility with investors, analysts, and other key stakeholders in the manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Superior financial and investment analysis capabilities, including a clear and thorough understanding of financial modeling and valuation techniques used by financial and investment professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work across the broader finance, accounting, strategy, product development, and sales functions to understand and influence business trends and incorporate this understanding into the company’s external communications.
- Strategic thinker with ability to adapt quickly to a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Communication, or equivalent education and experience, with strong experience in accounting/finance and investor relations.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.