A global defense contractor, which develops, manufactures, and supports products for both military and civilian markets. With over 2,000 employees, the company possesses a well-known and established portfolio with locations throughout the United States and operations in more than 14 countries.
This position will report directly to the President of the company and lead a strategic business development team in close coordination with Business Unit leadership and international operations as well as Corporate Business Development efforts.
The individual who occupies this position will be responsible for and oversee all Business Development, Marketing, and Sales activities, including leadership, oversight, and development of all sales and marketing representatives across all sites in the US. Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead, develop, and implement sales strategies and programs that support growth and profitability targets. Define and drive new ways to penetrate the market and expand into new programs.
- Constantly work to enhance and communicate the organization’s distinct value of products and services across the defense industry and key customers.
- Serve as an integral part of the executive team and provide reporting of key financial data related to the business development function.
- Analyze sales trends, defense market data, and key performance indicators against defined plans; provide product and sales forecasts as required.
- Develop strong partnerships with business unit organizations abroad, providing support in production capability and technology, particularly in the areas of specialty ammunition, missile propulsion, and space products.
- Interact with the company’s organizations and resources abroad, under regulation by the Specialty Security Agreement (SSA) with the US Government’s Defense, Counterintelligence, and Security Agency (DCSA).
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, engineering or related field.
- 20+ years of validated business development experience within the US defense industry; preferable prime contractor or ammunition/rocket motor business background.
- Prior military experience preferred; preferably retired at Colonel/Captain level within the US military.
- Deep understanding of the US defense political environment, budget cycles, and decision mechanisms.
- Understanding of the US defense acquisition system and relationship with Department of Defense, both from prime and sub-contractor perspective.
- Understanding of the US space business.
- Possess an extensive professional network including leadership level in Department of Defense, US Army/Picatinny and Huntsville, US Navy/IWS, US Air Force leadership, defense prime contractors (Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Boeing), space propulsion organizations (NASA, SpaceX), as well as satellite prime contractors.
- Ability to quickly and naturally adapt to the company’s business culture with important values such as honesty, transparency, responsiveness, and customer focus.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of business development/marketing people, including field representatives.
- Extrovert, diplomatic, good listener, good presenter/promoter, with social skills and ability to create team spirit towards customers.
- Full understanding of the value and importance of branding; contribute to elevating the company brand in the US.
- Able to learn the company’s product and technology portfolio quickly.
- Possess the ability to work with and support the company’s foreign expertise towards research organizations such as ONR, USN/China Lake, Army Labs, etc.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.