Private equity-backed national residential services.
The Vice President and General Manager (GM) will report directly to the company Co-Founder. All team members (sales, content delivery, membership engagement, and administration) will report to the GM.
Searching for a growth-oriented General Manager who will provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the company’s team and exclusive membership community. A successful candidate will possess a high degree of urgency and have management experience in the home service industry, or a peer group designed to educate small business owners in implementing best practices. As the brand leader, the GM will have full P&L responsibility and will not only oversee and enhance core sales and content delivery functions but also has the capabilities, thought leadership, and drive to define strategic direction and execute continuously to increase the value proposition of the company’s offering to the membership community.
The GM will have primary responsibility for marketing and business development, sales, content development and delivery, partnerships, and member support. He or she will be measured on new member additions, membership retention and satisfaction, average member revenue, and overall brand profitability. The GM will be charged with the evolution of the service catalog, including training curricula, back-office function offerings, and leadership development program, designed to provide increased year-over-year value to members while increasing the overall membership. The GM will also focus on meeting and exceeding operating and financial budget goals, OKR metrics, and member satisfaction. This individual will be focused on ensuring operational excellence in the delivery of the services the company provides.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Manage all facets of the organization including full P&L responsibility.
- Implement systems to enhance member experience to include self-service, collaboration, surveys, and NPS.
- Evolve and deliver the company’s product and service offering roadmap that complements growth opportunities and member feedback.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on market positioning and opportunities for enhanced services for the membership group.
- Develop role descriptions and OKRs for staff and lead the training, development, and performance management of the team to targets.
- Cultivate new relationships with national referral channel partners, industry equipment vendors, and other third parties that could bring value to the membership.
- Leverage technology to enhance existing processes, learning, and content management systems.
- Develop subject matter expertise in skills for leading a best-in-class services business and act as an industry influencer through participation in trade shows, speaking events, and recorded content.
- Foster a positive work environment and utilize effective communication skills at all levels of the organization with a focus on company culture.
- Evolve the current platform for scalability.
- Experience managing profit and loss, with a solid understanding of business reports and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Willingness to roll up sleeves as a “doer” and coach.
- Proven ability to communicate to a large audience, both in person and virtually, via live and recorded content.
- A humble, open-minded, strong listener able to discern issues from collected information, build consensus, and draft/communicate logical, understandable, and consistent strategies.
- Prior experience successfully developing or launching a new or transformed service offering to the market.
- Prior experience in a subscription-based organization preferred.
- Previous disaster mitigation, home service, or construction management experience is a plus.
- Able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Organic revenue and EBITDA growth.
- Membership retention and growth.
- Average revenue per member.
- New offering introduction and subsequent performance.
- Service catalog evolution and alignment to growth strategy.
- Talent acquisition: recruiting, hiring, and retention.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.