Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina (“Goodwill”) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, that has served the community since 1926. The organization employs more than 1,100 team members who are dedicated to their mission of providing employment and training services that help people find jobs and reach financial stability. With 50 retail stores, 20 career centers, and dozens of attended donation centers across a 31-county territory, Goodwill is a complex enterprise offering a wide range of career opportunities. Goodwill makes a difference in the lives of the individuals they serve and, in turn, in the community.
Goodwill’s business operations provide stability to the organization that is not always enjoyed by nonprofit organizations solely funded by outside sources. Employees enjoy excellent benefits and a unique work environment that is professional, fast paced, and fulfilling. Goodwill’s values shape the culture and guide employees’ interactions with program participants, customers, and each other. Employees’ shared commitment to Living the Mission; Promoting Teamwork; Driving Improvement; Taking Responsibility for Actions and Behaviors; and Respecting and Appreciating Others is what makes Goodwill successful and inspires all that they do.
For more information, please visit www.goodwillnwnc.org.
This position will report directly to the Chief People Officer and will supervise a team of recruiters.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to provide strategic and operational leadership, oversight, and direction to the Talent Acquisition team and function within the organization.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Lead and manage all aspects of Talent Acquisition including but not limited to strategy, recruitment systems and technologies, sourcing, recruitment branding, new hire experience, application process, selection, onboarding, hiring, job postings, job summaries, data, metrics, measurements, and reporting.
- Create and implement innovative recruiting and onboarding strategies designed to attract and retain key talent to the organization.
- Create innovative recruitment strategies to attract diverse candidates in support of Goodwill’s organizational DEI initiatives.
- Provide leadership and management support of recruiters; work collaboratively with organizational teams to conduct workforce planning to actively seek out talent for Goodwill.
- Utilize social media platforms and other sources to attract qualified candidates.
- Manage the recruitment module of UKG to take full advantage of recruitment technology in support of recruitment, selection, and onboarding.
- Ensure a fair, equitable, and legal recruitment, selection, onboarding, and hiring process.
- Develop programs for onboarding and recruitment that honor and advance organizational culture, values, DEI objectives, and business goals.
- Minimum of five years as a Director of Talent Acquisition or similar role in a management/ leading capacity responsible for recruiting strategy, sourcing, branding, workforce planning, recruitment process, recruitment supporting systems and technologies, data, and outcomes.
- Demonstrable and successful experience managing full cycle recruiting in a fast paced, high volume recruiting environment using the latest technologies and platforms, including but not limited to video, social media, and various job boards, along with understanding of sourcing techniques and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish and foster healthy working relationships, rapport, and collaborations.
- Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in configuration of an ATS, HRIS, and/or recruitment technology system and products, and experience in creating reports, including charts and tables.
- Experience designing and implementing successful recruiting campaigns using social media and other digital recruiting techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or related field.
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Competitive base pay.
- Benefits include paid time off (PTO), medical insurance, prescription coverage, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Money Purchase Pension Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
- Opportunity to work for one of the nation’s most well-known and well-respected nonprofit organizations.