Southeast-based manufacturer and marketer of medical devices.
This position will report directly to the President and lead all facets of procurement, manufacturing, logistics, facilities engineering, safety, and continuous improvement.
Located at the company headquarters in the Southeast US, the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Operations serves as an integral member of the senior leadership team and partners with the team to drive sales and net revenue. The ideal candidate is a true people leader who will inspire, engage, and motivate the team, ensuring they feel valued. With a keen focus on operations and a growth mindset, the SVP of Operations is able to envision and execute innovative plans for growth for the near term (one to five years out) and the long term (10 years out and more) that could include expanding operations internationally.
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- As a member of the senior leadership team, participate in developing plans and approaches for the company; lead or participate with other senior leaders in taking on difficult and/or critical projects impacting company success; support others in their development.
- Create and drive a culture that inspires achievement/engagement and emboldens continuous improvement across all departments.
- Advise the president on strategic business development initiatives and key planning issues that relate to, and impact, the operations of the company.
- Analyze and develop operational metrics and data to identify processes and improvement opportunities and ensure that, as the company grows, production capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for performance, cost, quality, and responsiveness.
- Develop and manage budgeting and budget execution with a focus on operational costs and margins.
- Develop and sustain a robust manufacturing, supply chain, and quality discipline that drives down cost while maximizing customer service.
- Prepare long-range planning models for the development of capacity and technical capabilities – planning for future growth.
- Motivate, reward, and recognize the performance of others; counsel, guide, and direct where needed and set the standard of performance.
- Develop strategies, goals, and objectives to drive optimal manufacturing and supply chain performance in conjunction with business needs and growth strategies.
- Establish financial budgets, in collaboration with the SVP of Finance, and manage the supply chain/manufacturing operations group to meet and/or exceed budget and operating expectations.
- In alignment with the company’s values, create, share, and continually update a strategic vision and roadmap for future work across all aspects of the supply chain.
- Manage the team, with a focus on improving employee engagement and retention, while increasing productivity.
- Mentor and influence staff to promote the development of knowledge, skills, and competencies to support personal and company objectives; develop and guide staff to reach their maximum management potential.
- Understand and meet customer expectations regarding cost, quality, and delivery; work cross-functionally with product education to solicit customer feedback to provide continual improvement, training, and education in internal processes and procedures.
- Achieve and maintain a deep understanding of all workflows, resources, roles/ responsibilities, capacities, constraints, costs, critical criteria, etc.; lead the mapping, documentation, and improvement of performance across relevant areas.
- Manage and transform the supply network to support long-term and scalable material availability, reliability, consistency, price consciousness, and quality.
- Develop, implement, and improve a supplier program for exceptional quality and ongoing supplier improvement; lead the creation, maintenance, and advancement of productive and mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
- Lead the use, management, and improvement of standard operating procedures (SOPs), associated tools, and systems across all areas of responsibility; implement systems and processes that ensure that environmental and social standards of excellence are upheld.
- Willing and excited to get into the weeds to learn about each of the departments to best know how to guide and make them more efficient (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ten-plus years of experience in full cycle, end-to-end, supply chain-related leadership with experience in a discrete manufacturing environment, preferably manufacturing highly customized goods, including scaling and integrating acquisitions.
- Demonstrated track record of thought leadership around emerging operations and supply chain strategies and innovation with direct and successful execution across a complex manufacturing organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across the organization.
- Excellent people management skills, including a demonstrated track record of improving employee engagement, a sincere desire to improve the workforce, and create a culture that inspires and provides value to employees.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated appreciation for the supply chain as a highly involved competitive asset that provides linkage to short- and long-term corporate results through maximization of current profitability.
- Growth mindset and a proven track record of driving operational success and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with peers and subordinates in a matrixed environment, while engaged in a proactive, creative, and disciplined manner.
- Mission-driven; genuinely caring and curious, with a helpful nature and attitude of “How can I help and contribute to the greater good?” – for the employees, the company, and ultimately the patients whose lives are improved by the company’s products.
- Entrepreneurial with a proven ability to pivot, create, innovate, build, and think outside the box.
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain, logistics, engineering, business management, or a related field preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance.