A financial services headquartered in the Southeast.
The Senior Vice President, Human Resources Business Partner serves as a member of the human resources leadership team and leads a team of human resources business partners.
This individual leads all facets of strategic and operational human resources for the organization, comprised of over 6,000 employees across the country. This scope includes leading the long-term strategic human capital program planning through leadership and direction of human resources (HR) business relationships. Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Communicates and drives HR vision, programs, initiatives, and consulting activities across the organization to ensure successful execution of HR strategy and a positive associate experience.
- Leads or participates in key projects that drive enterprise-wide initiatives and improvements.
- Directs a team executing on the organization’s talent management and succession planning, performance management, workforce planning, coaching, and career development
- Supports the onboarding of resources from mergers and acquisitions.
- Directs, coordinates, and aligns consulting activities towards the attainment of organizational goals; designs and executes consultation solutions to address identified needs.
- Works directly with business leaders to drive change, encourage flexibility, and offer guidance on evolving needs.
- Provides direction on high level employee relations issues with significant legal exposure.
- Establishes and monitors expectations to achieve company and department goals.
- Recommends appropriate changes to policies, procedures, and efficiencies in order to meet objectives.
- Manages the performance, training, and evaluation of assigned staff; maximizes program achievements by providing professional development.
- Leads or contributes to key projects in support of the organization.
- Provides expert guidance on HR policies to business leaders and executive management.
- Skilled in HR philosophy, strategy development, and execution.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively relate across all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and current HR trends.
- Ability to effectively manage, motivate, and lead associates to achieve desired results.
- Experience working with sensitive, often confidential, information.
- Ability to effectively manage difficult situations directly, but with diplomacy.
- Fifteen years’ experience in human resources.
- Five years’ experience providing HR support across broad scale consumer and financial services
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional certification(s) such as S/PHR, SHRM S/CP, Civil Treatment, and/or Myers Briggs preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.