Global manufacturer and distributor of consumer and commercial products.
This position will report to the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer and will build and lead a team in support of the Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) ambitions of the company and indirectly partner with and lead a team of functional experts aligned with key ESG areas of focus across the organization.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Director of Global ESG is responsible for developing, growing, and overseeing a fully integrated and innovative ESG function across the global business to execute against the ESG pillars of the company. Working closely with business leaders and with oversight from an executive steering committee and the Board of Directors, this leader will influence company policy and ESG priorities, drive the ESG strategy aligned with key ESG areas of focus to create long-term value for the enterprise, and ensure the company engages in ESG best practices consistent with internationally recognized standards. The leader will create and sustain an integrated reporting process and be responsible for the public communication of the company’s ESG program, including all required reporting.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and execute against identified enterprise-wide initiatives in key ESG topics (energy efficiency, sustainable supply chain/circular economy, innovation, and diversity/equity/ inclusion), including metrics, targets, and integrated reporting protocols.
- Identify talent and build a high-performing team with expertise in integrated reporting and other key areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts on key ESG topics to ensure alignment and cross-fertilization of regional initiatives.
- Engage with relevant internal stakeholders to continuously improve the company’s ESG program and build scalable ESG initiatives in line with overall company strategy and ongoing materiality assessments.
- Manage and facilitate the mitigation of material ESG risks.
- Develop and maintain a consistent and scalable approach to ESG data collection, validation, and reporting for all stakeholders, including the annual publication of the company’s sustainability report.
- Coordinate with cross-functional subject matter experts to establish and maintain rigorous data reporting capabilities regarding ESG initiatives, including plan vs. actual realization of expected results.
- Lead external and internal ESG communications strategy and efforts with all internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be an ESG/sustainability subject matter expert with a minimum of ten years of experience in ESG management consulting, in-house sustainability management, and/or ESG integration/engagement within industrial or manufacturing markets. Additional attributes include:
- Strong track record of positive and influential engagement with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and a solid grasp of sustainability innovation and best practices.
- Exemplary project management skills with the ability to execute.
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively drive impact through ambiguity.
- Exceptional influencing, listening, and communication skills to build relationships across the enterprise.
- Strategic thinker with experience identifying, tracking, and reporting on ESG data management and metrics/targets.
- Leadership experience with an ability to inspire and passion for making an impact on the industry.
- Proven track record of driving sustainability results/impact across an organization, preferably in a global manufacturing environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to assimilate quickly into new management teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in a related program preferred.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.