A member-owned company that provides comprehensive business solutions to its members and customers, including grocery retailers, wholesale distributors, foodservice and pharmacies.
The Senior Vice President, Health and Wellness reports to the Chief Financial Officer and leads a team of ten professionals.
The Senior Vice President, Health and Wellness is responsible for leading the company’s newly created Health and Wellness (H&W) Program. As this is a new role, this individual will lead the efforts in defining the company’s innovative approach to, and scope of, H&W to support the membership’s current and future H&W needs. This individual will partner with the company’s members to understand their needs and strategies in the H&W space and will manage, develop, and implement initiatives and programs to support those requirements.
The H&W program has evolved from the Pharmacy program which was developed around the Aggregated Pharmacy Initiative (API). The API is a pharmaceutical wholesaler agreement between the company and the wholesaler on one side and the company and its members on the other. The current API comprises 20 members and represents approximately $4.5 billion in annual Rx purchases.
Specific duties will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Create and implement innovative H&W offerings at the company by re-visioning and expanding on the success of the current Pharmacy platform.
- Develop and implement a 3-5 year strategic plan.
- Provide H&W thought leadership and expertise to the members and suppliers.
- Develop and implement a growth plan that will secure the commitment of existing members/customers and attract new members/customers.
- Materially increase the size of the Pharmacy API.
- Partner with members to understand their strategic initiatives and H&W needs; design plans to address member needs.
- Partner with suppliers and other industry participants to design broad ranging H&W solutions. Continue to improve supplier relationships to expand member access to product and service offerings.
- Engage with entities across the entire spectrum of H&W including insurers, providers, manufacturers, payors, PBMs, governmental agencies, and trade organizations in order to establish complete solutions and anticipate future needs of the members.
- Significantly increase the size of the direct generics program; leverage current API contract.
- Ongoing staff development.
- Manage the H&W P&L.
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry and the interrelations with retail pharmacy; thorough understanding of the US health insurance/pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience working with PBMs and government health agencies.
- Experience negotiating contracts and exposure to managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid programs.
- Success in developing and implementing successful programs, products, and initiatives in the H&W space.
- Superior executive presence and ability to collaborate with senior leaders, both within the company and its member-owner organizations.
- General management experience, strategic plan development and implementation, success in business development.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 25%.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree highly desirable.
Commensurate with experience and includes competitive base salary, bonus, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.