Based in the Southeast, the company is an independently owned and operated service provider to the trucking industry, including commercial tires and retreads, mechanical services, as well as fleet management technologies to assist customers in managing fleets more efficiently. Employing over 1,000 service professionals, the company currently operates over 80 locations throughout the South and Midwest that serve more than 35 states, as well as several retread facilities, and multiple distribution centers that provide delivery capability to over 75% of the continental US. Recognized as an industry leader, the company expertly provides fleets and owner-operators the product offerings and responsive service that exceeds expectations, with an ongoing operating principle that promises customers to go the distance in order to serve their needs.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Business.
The individual who occupies this position will be expected to provide leadership that will guide the region towards meeting the company’s goals regarding commercial and mechanical offerings for both local and national customers.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Ensure profitability of each branch by meeting the region’s gross profit goal.
- Set the region’s sales strategy; establish and organize the region’s priorities on a daily basis.
- Oversee, evaluate, and adjust each branch’s operational practices, including sales, inventory, and staffing strategies to ensure alignment towards regional goals.
- Weekly travel to regional locations to coach branch managers on operational practices and daily monitoring of inventory register.
- Monthly review of P&L with Vice President and Managers; manage monthly expenses and responsibility for inventory management.
- Ensure the execution of branch team meetings; attend regional meetings.
- Live out the company’s key values and ensure alignment with all regional associates.
- An experienced leader and manager with appropriate experience of at least five to seven years, preferably in a fleet or transportation related industry.
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as close attention to detail; strong business insight.
- Superior customer service and communication skills; able to sell to customers by demonstrating a strong understanding of each department’s features, benefits, offerings, and strategy (Mechanical, Industrial and OTR, and Commercial).
- Able to develop systems and processes that drive specific objectives and outcomes; follow up and manage accountability for goals and commitments.
- Reliable and dependable self-starter; able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
- Team player capable of collaborating with all departments, employees, and external business partners.
- Able to interact and build rapport with all levels within the organization and client base.
- Strategic and analytical thinker; able to learn quickly, take on new responsibilities, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Geographical travel required 75% of the time to various local customers and locations; occasional overnight and out-of-market travel, less than 25%.
- Clean driving record; able to pass background check and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field and/or equivalent work experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.