A private equity held national distributor of commercial products headquartered in the southeast.
The Pricing Director will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The individual will develop and execute pricing strategy for a multi-branch, geographically diverse, high SKU distribution business, and serve as strategic business partner to regional and branch leadership to drive increases in sales and margins through pricing initiative. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the company-wide pricing function interfacing closely with numerous stakeholders, including branch, district, and regional leadership, as well as the corporate finance, supply chain, and sales teams.
- Provide strategy, pricing analytics, decision tools, planning, processes & systems, training, consulting and communication.
- Create pricing strategies that lead to gross margin improvement. Programs must support growth and the Company’s margin targets.
- Define and implement best practices, revise pricing processes, and create procedures that systematize new pricing methodologies. Work collaboratively with peers in the field and corporate office, creating a process that respects and integrates the perspectives of stakeholders across the organization.
- Help to correlate price and the value created for customers that are competitor/market sensitive. Build decision matrix that details scenario planning and provides trade-off analytics based on customer performance.
- Introduce systematic review processes that support more optimum and effective pricing strategies across all regions and product segments.
- Develop strong working relationships, demonstrate respect for stakeholder needs and priorities, and remain focused on company’s continuous improvement goals.
- Direct cross-functional teams, secure input and feedback critical to pricing and modeling success, as well as their adoption company-wide.
- Prepare detailed reporting packages, presentations, and flash reports for stakeholders and the senior leadership team.
- Create specific reporting that shows the success of the pricing initiative and the corresponding financial impact.
- Design organization structure to support Pricing Initiatives.
- Ten or more years business experience involving assignments in pricing strategy, analytics, KPI/metric/dashboard development, and pricing management leadership. Experience gained in relevant industries required, such as wholesale distribution, building/construction products, manufacturing, and distribution.
- Proven ability to direct cross-functional teams, introduce, and manage change while demonstrating an excellent level of pricing knowledge.
- Ability to influence, introduce, and drive change where there may be limited buy-in or understanding of benefits.
- Exceptional analytical capabilities, systems, and pricing/analytics software tools background. This competence must translate into the confidence to create unique dashboards, KPIs, and other metrics that provide pricing transparency leading to margin improvement.
- A respected problem solver who is highly familiar with commodity cost fluctuations, price volatility, demand curves, and integrating the impact of supplier and customer rebates into the overall pricing model.
- Outstanding communication skills in tandem with the ability to build credible relationships and influence decision making.
- Academics should include a degree in relevant course of study including business, finance, supply chain, operations, etc.; MBA or other applicable graduate degree preferred, Certified Pricing Professional (CPP) or similar.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.