North Carolina-based concierge medical and wellness practice.
This position will report directly to the practice partners.
This individual will be expected to provide excellent medical care and wellness consultation, along with outstanding service, to patients across the practice.
Specific duties will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Conduct well and sick exams to assess patients’ health condition and any possible issues.
- Give appropriate advice for health habits (diet, hygiene, etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health.
- Ask intuitive questions, review medical records, and reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and patient’s medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration; administer IVs and medication management as needed.
- Collaborate with other physicians and nurses to form a high-performing medical team.
- Examine and provide treatments for injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed.
- Ensure timely completion of dictation and charting, maintaining complete records of patients’ diseases, operations, or other significant information.
- Provide patient education before and after procedures, use of medical devices and equipment, and prescriptions.
- Provide patient health counseling and instruction, including meeting with families and caregivers.
- Execute medical regimens and nursing interventions as appropriate for the setting and their competency.
- Perform medication reconciliation, management, patient compliance, inventory, and education.
- Remain up to speed with developments and best practices in medicine.
- Maintain hospital privileges including Internal Medicine Board Certification, DEA, BCLS, and NC license.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to connect and relate effectively with patients, co-workers, and sub-specialists across all areas; comfortable working as part of a team.
- Effective leadership skills, including resolving conflict, coaching, and developing others; promote teamwork and foster the development of a common vision.
- Advanced problem-solving skills; demonstrated sound judgment in decision-making; able to see and suggest how to improve work processes.
- Cultural diversity awareness, sensitivity, and competency, including the ability to successfully work with and relate to patients and staff from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to work well in a high-stress, fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Resourceful, independent thinker who is self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to monitor and regulate calendar appointments by looking at the availability of other necessary staff; adjust calendar of staff to accommodate patient needs.
- Maintain competency with EMR system in place by the practice.
- North Carolina Medical Board certified.
- Internal Medical Board certified preferred.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) and valid license to practice the profession.
- Minimum of five years’ MD experience.
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics.
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology; ability to interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- Broad knowledge of common medications, side effects, and contradictions.
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and best practices, including OSHA and HIPAA.
- Experience with medical insurance billing processes/procedures, issues, and terminology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.